SOOO COOL.... An Eyeopener..

psren13
on 9/26/15 7:34 pm - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

Just got back from running around with daughter.  We did a little shopping and I really liked this one top.  It was a 2X WAYYY too big.  Ended up with a long sweater in Lg.  Never thought I would be able to go to the clothes rack and stuff be too big.  This journey really plays with your head at times.  We don't tend to see the loss so much--our mind still sees us a obese,etc.. but when the clothes start going down in size, wow.. An eyeopener.. 

Ready2goNOW
on 9/26/15 7:54 pm

Hey Pat!

I can't wait to be in your 'shoes' so to speak...lol!

You've worked your program & deserve this success.

Enjoy!

Kathy

psychoticparrot
on 9/27/15 12:46 pm

You're getting to be "a little half-pint, half drunk up."  It's hard to judge what size you need when your body is constantly getting smaller.

Clothes are a problem, though. I'm going to Nicaragua next year from January through April. There aren't a lot of clothing size options in Nicaragua because there are so few obese people in Nicaragua. So I'm trying to guesstimate what sizes I'll need to buy to see me through the end of the trip. If all goes well, as I grow out of my plus sizes during the trip, I'll be able to buy normal sizes in Nicaragua. And try buying summer clothing in the fall! As I said, clothes are a problem. A fun problem, though. 

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/15 7:49 am
RNY on 05/04/15

Congrats! I agree; I swear shopping totally messes with your head. I still see myself as 300 lbs. I bought a pair of pants this weekend in a size 4, and my brain immediately tried to justify how it "wasn't real" -- this store runs big, the pants are stretchy, I still have a lot of fat but it's just squishier now so I can "fake" being able to wear smaller clothes. It's a total mind trip!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 313 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views