To help everyone struggling with liquid diet!!

Kiofish8
on 10/15/15 5:58 pm
VSG on 11/02/15

Hi everyone, Im relatively new to the site and am now on my 3rd day of liquid. Honestly I struggled like crazy my first 2 days until I finally went out and boughtsome ingredients my doc recommended to help me along with my 3 WEEK LIQUID DIET...Here is a list of different recipes that are helping to make my life of liquid much better.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream

1 scoop chocolate protien powder

8 oz Skim milk or almond milk

1/4 tsp peanut butter extract or PB2 powered peanut butter

Chocolate Covered Banana

8oz skim milk or almond milk

1/2 tsp imitation banna extract

4-6 ice cubes

Chocolate Covered Cherry

8oz skim or almond milk

1/2 tsp imitation cherry extract

4-6 ice cubes

Cinnamon Roll

1 scoop vanilla protien powder

8 oz skim or almond milk

1/4 cinnamon powder

1/2 tsp imitation maple extract

3-4 drops butter extract

4-6 ice cubes

Nada Colada

1scoop vanilla protien powder

8oz skim milk or almond milk

1/4 tsp rum extract

1/2 tsp coconut extract

4-6 ice cubes

Orange Creamsicle

1 scoop of vanilla protien powder

8oz skim or almond milk

1/4 tsp orange extract

4-6 ice cubes

Berry Creamsicle

1 scoop of vanilla protien powder

8oz skim or almond milk

1/4 tsp strawberry or raspberry extract

4-6 ice cubes

If this list helps anyone please let me know i have a ton more i dont mind posting. Of course since thats alot of typing lol I will post a list everydayuntil I run out! Good Luck everyone!!

msecanales
on 10/15/15 6:48 pm

I was initially going to have my surgery with Dr Kim but have decided to go with Dr Frenzel in Arlington. I have a 2 week 2-3 protein shake per day diet and a small meal

Kiofish8
on 10/15/15 6:55 pm
VSG on 11/02/15

Aw a least you get to have some sort of meal. I just finished my dinner of sf jello n protien shake thats about all I get but oh well!

msecanales
on 10/15/15 6:59 pm

I forgot to add the meal needs to be

katiebug74
on 10/15/15 7:53 pm

do you have anything different for the 2 wk diet, I just started and it's not all that fun at all.?

Billy D.
on 10/15/15 7:54 pm

Hi, I am getting pretty bored with my vanilla protein shakes I like the sounds of the cherry and the cinnamon but I only have natural extracts not the imitation ones. Is there a reason why not natural or is it just a taste thing? Thanks

Kiofish8
on 10/15/15 8:01 pm
VSG on 11/02/15

Honestly I dont know but I would think that there are more "fake" flavors that taste like food that can be man made than the actual real thing. Like there is imitation butter extract but Im guessing there wouldn't be a natural one for that kind of thing. If you can find natural flavors I bet it would either taste "more real" or it would taste exactly the same. I just made the cinnamon one and used the maple n butter extract n it tasted pretty great. Hope I kinda answered your question.

Billy D.
on 10/15/15 8:38 pm

I lived in Dominican Republican and they make a drink Jugo de Avena which translates as Oatmeal juice, with oatmeal, lemon juice or orange, sugar and evaporated milk with imitation vanilla extract and it tastes great. I tried it here with the expensive real stuff and it was not good. I went out and got an economy 1/2 gallon sized bottle of the imitation stuff they use, for less than my tiny bottle of the real stuff, and it came out great. You should try the Dominican cake they made with it...oops strike that, don't try it...lol. The real cherry extract I got for making brandy smells just like the weird Amaretto smelling "urinal cake" they use in the men's room. I'll have to get some fake stuff..Thanks!

Kiofish8
on 10/15/15 8:50 pm
VSG on 11/02/15

Haha cake ..but yea i would think imitation is what u expect it to taste like. Lol ewwwie the urinal cake thing is gross! But i will post more recipes up tomorrow. I just wish i could post it as a pdf so everyone can have and print it! Anywho your very welcome and good luck trying out the flavors!

Tired_of_Weighting
on 10/15/15 9:49 pm

Thanks so much for sharing! I start my liquid diet tomorrow and am so glad I found this post. :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 73 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 273 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views