Alcohol for the first time and it went bad.

Pinner
on 11/20/15 12:59 pm

I drank for the first time last Friday the 13th.  I told myself that I would only have one glass of wine. Well, it turned into an evening filled with whiskey and more wine and a blackout and me waking up beside, what I now believe, brown blood that I must have puked up. (I was told about the whiskey and more wine,,, I don't remember drinking them)

I have not drank since Nov. last year, well before my surgery date of Feb 26th and now this.  How could I have lost control so bad?

I don't know what happened.  I read all the comments about not being able to handle much liquor after surgery and I believed the stories about getting drunk quickly, so I was being careful, or so I thought. 

Now I have a pain in my stomach. It's an ache not a stabbing pain.  After doing some research I believe I may have an ulcer.  

I haven't gone to the doctor yet.  I'm to embarrassed. (I will, but still very embarrassed)  I can't believe I did this to myself.  I know for sure, without a doubt, that liquor will not be in my life ever again.  

Has anyone ever had this happen to them?  Was the pain something other than an ulcer?

Sincerely, 

Very embarrassed 

LeapSecond
on 11/20/15 2:10 pm - AR

Some of us have to touch the paint beside the "Wet Paint" sign. Just to see if it is dry yet. I have had a half glass of wine and ruined a whole day. Not part of my future, ever.  I would have the pain checked out.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Pinner
on 11/20/15 8:04 pm

OMG!  You are so right! When I was little I also touched the stove. lol

I don't ever see alcohol in my future again.

I agree, I should get it checked out.  I actually have an appointment with my surgeon Dec 4th.  Do you think that is to long to wait?

(deactivated member)
on 11/20/15 2:38 pm

Clearly, you and booze don't need to be friends anymore. It happens. 

Get the pain checked out. If it's an ulcer you need the medicine to treat it. A stomach ulcer left untreated is bad news - especially with such a small stomach. 

Pinner
on 11/20/15 8:11 pm

Hello Kairk,

Yup, you're right.  I now understand the consequence is not worth it.

I hoped if I just ate yogurt and bland food it would heal on it's own.  I guess this is not the case.  

I see my surgeon on Dec 4th.  I wonder if this is to long to wait?

happyteacher
on 11/21/15 8:46 pm

Get checked out for sure, and if you suspect acid issues get the omnaprazole going. My doc put me on 40 mg twice daily for a few days, then 40 mg once daily to get the irritation under control.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 11/20/15 5:17 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Definitely get the pain checked out. I still like to drink but only on special occasions, especially since I'm still in wl mode, but one thing I did b4 & still do is to not mix up different alcohols. If its brown, like whiskey, I stay with the brown, mixing up wine & hard liquor I think is taxing on anybody. If I switched alcohols it'd have to be after a couple of hours of no drinking anything other than water & then maybe just a sip & wait & see how I feel, as soon as I feel it getting to my head, its right back to water.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Pinner
on 11/20/15 8:19 pm

Hello T is Hagalicious Brown

I think i'm just going to have to pass on the liquor all together but great advise.

Maybe I'll try again in a couple years.

I will definitely get the pain checked out. Hoping I can wait till I see the surgeon on the 4th of Dec. 

Thanks for responding :)

MAchick
on 11/21/15 9:52 am
VSG on 01/27/14

Call your doctor and get checked. Your health is more important than embarrassment. Vomiting blood is never a good thing, and can be indicative of a more serious issue. Seriously, make an appointment. You don't want to risk a perforation or something,  then you'll REALLY be in trouble. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 100 views