Some things you think are little are actually a big deal! (NSV)

Hkinzfnp
on 12/7/15 8:58 am

Several years ago my husband bought me a beautiful mothers ring with my kids birthstones in it.  A year or two ago I had to take it off and put it in the jewelry box. The day I did that I'm sure I told myself I was just bloated or needed to drink more water, I would never admit to myself how much bigger I knew I'd gotten.  For the past month or month and a half I've tried to slip it on  once a week or soand it hasn't been fitting.  Last night I tried again and it just slid right on!!  I was surprised how much this meant to me, I see it as a symbol of all that I've accomplished and all the goals I have in front of me.  Now I can wear this great reminder to stick with the journey even when it's tough...after all the kids are a huge part of the reason I decided on the surgery.  So excited and in love with my sleeve!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/7/15 10:56 am

I completely understand! That's really an awesome NSV - personal and profound.

A week before my mom died I was sitting on the edge of her bed chatting. During our chat she pulled off her family ring that had been her father's and pressed it into my palm telling me that the ring should be mine and not my brother's even though he was the eldest. I got so heavy in the years following I could not wear the ring. AFter VSG and major weight loss I tried it on again. It was too loose and I had to have it resized, but it meant so much to me that I could once again wear my grandfather's ring.  

Grim_Traveller
on 12/7/15 11:36 am
RNY on 08/21/12

That's a wonderful feeling. Keep it in the front of your mind as you go forward.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

SilverGirl2015
on 12/7/15 6:32 pm

Awww, thank you for sharing this!  What an awesome moment on your new path.  Hugs!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 90 views