Back to work

kyzze
on 1/13/16 8:10 am
VSG on 12/29/15 with

Well today will be my first day back at work since my surgery. I'm a little nervous because I work third shift at a hospital and I don't know if any of you work an overnight shift but if you do you can probably relate to this, people who work overnight snack a lot. Why? I guess to stay awake, sometimes out of boredom, I don't know. I just want to stay on the right path. Tonight I plan to take a protein shake and that's it, and sip on my water. I hope that will get me through. If there are any of you out there who work overnight and have any suggestions I would love to hear them. Thanks.

Kyzze

White Dove
on 1/13/16 9:23 am - Warren, OH

I worked a 12-1/2 hour midnight shift in a computer room for years.  I would have my breakfast at about 5:00 PM, start work at 7:30 PM, have a lunch at 9:00 PM and dinner at 2:00 AM.  I had a snack at 5:00 AM and 7:30 AM and went home at 8:00 AM.

At first I could not imagine eating dinner at 2 or 3 AM, but soon adjusted.  I would suggest taking whatever meals you are eating at home if you are going to be sleeping for a good part of your daytime hours.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

kyzze
on 1/13/16 3:21 pm
VSG on 12/29/15 with

Thanks for your example. So I just need to come up with a good eating schedule, that's a good idea.

Misslady
on 1/13/16 2:09 pm

Hi,

I am still waiting to be sleeved but as a person that struggles with snacking, I would say take healthy snacks with you rather than none at all. That way, if you are tempted you have healthy options. Taking nothing only leaves you with the inconvenient vending machines or something else that may not be on your plan.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/14/16 5:09 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I work a rotating shift, so I've worked plenty of midnigh****ches. Usually I reverse my day eating schedule to a night one since most of my day will be spent sleeping, or really what I call napping since I wouldn't get a real good sleep till I rotated back to days.

I keep protein snacks at work, stuff like beef jerky or tuna packets. If you have a common fridge that's for the staff, bring food from home & eat it there. The nights can feel really long, try sipping on water & carry it in a water bottle holder that you wear over your shoulder or around your waist so that you can stay away from snacking & not have it in the way of your routine at work.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

kyzze
on 1/15/16 12:08 am
VSG on 12/29/15 with

Great suggestions! Thanks!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views