whole liquids vs water

staceylynne13
on 1/12/16 1:35 pm
VSG on 01/06/16

SO I am six days post op and I have a strange question. When I eat my small amount of smooth yogurt or cream soup I am fine, but when I drink water or crystal light, it makes me have gas again. I'm not using a straw or anything...any ideas on why this is happening?

White Dove
on 1/12/16 2:07 pm - Warren, OH

It sounds like you are gulping air when you swallow the water or crystal light.  For some people a straw helos or a sippy cup.  Remember you need small sips at first.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

psychoticparrot
on 1/12/16 6:23 pm

Nothing makes any sense at 6 days post-op. You're just out of the hospital, and your sleeved stomach is asking, "Why? Why did you do this to me? Why?" It will take time and a whole lot of patience for things to start settling down. Just do the best you can.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

(deactivated member)
on 1/12/16 7:05 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Like Psychoticparrot said your body is very confused, that being sad cold liquids gave me hell for the first few weeks out of surgery. If I let the water or crystal lite get to room temp I was fine but anything too cold hurt and make me nauseous as heck. I can drink colder things now but still cannot use the amount of ice I used before surgery. I really like ice and cold drinks I used to fill my cups 3/4s of the way full with ice before adding a drink now I can use 1/3 of a cup ice. Know it gets better every day and much easier. I was miserable for about the first 7-10 days out, but then like a light switch being flipped I felt suddenly fabulous overnight. Congratulations on your surgery. Keep us posted on your loss

staceylynne13
on 1/12/16 7:07 pm
VSG on 01/06/16

thank you all for your responses! I will try to sip better and not expect too much to make sense for a while! LOL

my first post op visit is thursday!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 100 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views