OMG the gas!!!

CMR1075
on 1/17/16 4:49 pm
VSG on 01/15/16

Just had VSG done on Friday and I have to say that I am miserable because of all the excess gas from the surgery. My stomach and shoulder are so painful that I feel it when I take a deep breath...ugh. The walking and Gas-X isn't doing a whole heck of a lot either. Worst of all, I can't tell if nausea is from the gas or possibly being hungry lol. Any other suggestion for me to get past this horrible pain!

hollykim
on 1/17/16 5:09 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 18, 2016 at 12:49 AM Pacific Time, CMR1075 wrote:

Just had VSG done on Friday and I have to say that I am miserable because of all the excess gas from the surgery. My stomach and shoulder are so painful that I feel it when I take a deep breath...ugh. The walking and Gas-X isn't doing a whole heck of a lot either. Worst of all, I can't tell if nausea is from the gas or possibly being hungry lol. Any other suggestion for me to get past this horrible pain!

try a warm heating pad on your shoulder. That helped me with gas. Also.excess acid can cause nausea .mare you on an acid blocker? Dehydration also causes nausea. How much fluid are you getting a day?

CMR1075
on 1/17/16 5:15 pm
VSG on 01/15/16

Honestly, I don't think I am getting enough water in. I am so afraid of rupturing something inside from taking too big of a sip. I don't even think I am getting in 32 oz yet of water. This gas pain comes and goes though. I may feel pretty good for a little bit but then it starts coming in waves. Other than the gas I would probably feel pretty good. I have only takes 3 pain pills since surgery mainly hoping it would dull the gas pain but it hasn't done much for that. 

TeashaLorna
on 1/17/16 7:01 pm - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

The warm heating pad on my tummy helped. I hope you feel better soon.

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

JudithJohnson
on 1/18/16 4:22 am
VSG on 12/03/15

Your stomach is not going to rupture, you have titanium staples in there so that is nothing to be afraid about, keep drinking!

Judith, 46, surgery date  12/3/15

SW: 317 CW: 210 GW: 180

CMR1075
on 1/18/16 5:31 am
VSG on 01/15/16

I guess it's me just being paranoid. I will keep drinking my water to get hydrated again! 

Mamba
on 1/17/16 7:01 pm - Middlesboro, KY
VSG on 01/15/16

Walking helped break the gas up for me. I also noticed when I use the lung exerciser it helps. Wishing you a speedy recovery doll.

Betty Philpot

CMR1075
on 1/17/16 7:28 pm
VSG on 01/15/16

Thank you Mamba...same for you. I saw in your post you aren't feeling well either. 

roxytrim
on 1/18/16 3:31 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

You will be fine, walk sip sip fart.  You are not feeling hunger.  Your nerves have been cut and hormones are turned off for a while, so what you think you are feeling is head hunger.  It will take 6-8 months at least, until you might feel real hunger.  For me, even almost 3 years out, if my mind is occupied because I am busy,  I could go all day and not feel hunger - now head hunger...well that is there always when my mind is not engaged in something else.

The first week is soooo not fun  but every hour, every day you will begin to feel more & more marvelous 

CMR1075
on 1/18/16 5:33 am
VSG on 01/15/16

I didn't completely think it was hunger from all the things I have read before surgery but I wasn't sure. I have been trying to walk as much as I can but that gas pain knocks the wind out of me from time to time. It's only day 4 since surgery so I know I just need to stop expecting so much. But yeah, the first week has not been so fun lol. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 277 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views