3-Month Update

TerriLMac
on 1/25/16 9:10 pm

Last Thursday was the 3-month mark since I had my surgery.  I had been traveling and away from home since December 30th, so wasn't sure what to expect when I got on the scale on Friday when I arrived home. I was very excited to see that I was 208 pounds!  That's 60 pounds lost since the day of surgery (October 21st) when I weighed 268 pounds!  I feel great and am really into a routine, eating-wise.  

As much as I travel, I thought it would be difficult to eat and that kind of stressed me out.  However, I have found out that you can find protein just about anywhere.  A couple of examples:  In the airport one morning, I ordered scrambled eggs with chicken at Qdoba (without the tortilla which was their breakfast burrito).  Of course, I couldn't eat it all but was excited to find something to eat.  The next time I was on a layover at an airport, I stopped by Moe's Southwest Grill and ordered a burrito in a bowl (again, without the tortilla).  Pinto beans, grilled steak, a bit of cheese and a bit of sour cream.  It turned out to be so little food that the cashier only charged me $3.00 and it was two meals for me!  I've also had the chili at Wendy's and a hamburger with cheese wrapped in lettuce (no bun) at Carl's Jr. (in airports).  I usually carry tuna packs and beef jerky with me as well (just in case) and know that I can always grab a yogurt or cottage cheese almost anywhere.  I don't stress any longer when I travel or am out and about.

I still can't eat more than 6 to 8 bites of chicken, steak or pork, but can usually eat a bit more seafood such as shrimp, fish or crab.  Probably because it's not as dense.  I eat about 6 times a day.  My typical day is an Unjury chocolate protein shake at 8:00 a.m.; a poached egg with a link of turkey sausage or piece of bacon at 10:00 a.m.; 1/4 cup of turkey chili around 12:30 or 1:00 p.m.; cottage cheese around 3:30 p.m.; fish, shrimp, chicken, steak or pork around 6:00 or 6:30 p.m. and an Oikos Triple Zero yogurt around 8:30 p.m.  This has been what is working for me and I get in plenty of protein.  I play tennis about 3 times a week, so am getting in plenty of exercise as well.

I am grateful for the sleeve surgery I had and just wanted to update everyone on my progress!  

Terri

sds0029
on 1/26/16 5:14 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Good for you.  Work that sleeve.

Most Active