Feeling Unsuccesful

GoBlueGirl1998
on 2/10/16 2:44 pm - MI

Make sure you're following your Doctors and NUT's instructions to the T! I think 5 lbs is great! That is an average of 10 Lbs a month!! We didn't put this weight on over night and it takes time! I think you're doing awesome! Just think is 5 month from now you lose another 55 lbs! You got this! :)

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

Neonanrs
on 2/10/16 2:56 pm

You are doing fine.  You will hit stalls, go up and down in weight during this journey.  Stay on plan is the best advice we can give you.  Under eat your sleeve too.  If the dr. says you can have 4oz of meat eat 2-3oz.  Stick to mainly protien and don't drink your calories.  The weight will come off

Surgery date 9-23-15, SW: 212 CW: 125

Doctors goal reached in 6 months. Personal goal reached in 11 months

FuturePinUp
on 2/11/16 8:35 am

To echo the comments of others: Sounds like you are doing just fine! Everyone loses differently based on age, genetics, weight to lose, and many many other factors. The important thing is that you are LOSING! The trend continues to move downward and that's great! It's hard not to compare yourself to others, but in this situation, it will only bring negativity.

If you're following your post-op plan, then you do not need to worry. My clinic told me they want me losing at a rate of like 10 lbs. a month so going by that, you're well within a normal loss for the timeframe.

You got this!!!

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/11/16 9:07 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Ditto on what people are saying, it's overall what counts. Everyone is different on how fast the weight comes off, try not to compare yourself to other people. I know it's hard to do, you start to doubt yourself, don't, you're doing great, stay on plan.

Just so you know, I felt as you did, felt like I was losing slow, but I kept at it, am still keeping at it., still losing. You can do it!  

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

(deactivated member)
on 2/11/16 3:28 pm - Beloit, WI
VSG on 02/18/13

Congrats on the weight loss!  I understand how hard it is to not compare your loss, with that of others!  Try not to, though!  Slower weight loss most likely makes for permanent weight loss!  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 78 views