How much time did you take off work?

wtmmoorem
on 3/3/16 6:10 am
VSG on 03/08/16

I'm curious to know what everyone took off before going back to work.  I've heard anything from 10 days to 6 weeks.  Thoughts?  Also, do you feel you took too much time or not enough?  

Sandra F.
on 3/3/16 6:14 am

I took 2 weeks off but threw up on the first day back to work.  I wish I had taken three, but I don't think my results are typical.  I know some on here have gone back after only a week.  I also think it depends on your job.  I work a desk job but a more physically demanding job would probably require more time off. 

happycampertoo
on 3/3/16 6:24 am
VSG on 04/06/15

I was off work for one week.  I have a desk job at a very understanding and supportive office where everyone knew I had the surgery, so was able to take it easy and made to leave early the first week back.  Because of my cir****tances, I had no issues.

MissSmoove1
on 3/3/16 6:25 am
VSG on 08/13/12

Hello all, I took 8 weeks off just to get use to a daily routine. Getting VSG is a major surgery so your body has to adjust, if you can afford to take the time off stay home and take it slow.

Dee R.
on 3/3/16 6:52 am - CA

I took 3 weeks.  But, I think I could have gone back at 2 weeks.

davenportcrd0106
on 3/3/16 7:20 am

I took off 4 weeks.  I could have gone back after 3, but really glad I did not!  I, too, have a desk job.  I utilized the 4th week to try to set up some sort of eating pattern (breakfast, lunch) for when I did return to work.  I healed really well from the surgery, but it certainly an adjustment getting my head and tummy on the same page ! ! !

VSG. 01/26/16

dcapurz
on 3/3/16 7:30 am - NJ
VSG on 02/23/16

Hi, I took off only 1 week and I have to say, I should have at least taken 2. you will feel very tired and possibly still bloated so its best to take at the very least 2 weeks. I had my surgery on 2/23/2016 which is only 1 week and 2 days ago. I did come back to work this week but I have been leaving early bc I haven't been feeling up to it even tho I work at a desk. its best to rest up at home so you will feel that much better.

Good Luck !!!

Bufflehead
on 3/3/16 7:50 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

I took off two weeks. I have a mostly desk job. I was still tired when I went back to work, and for the first two days I couldn't make it through the entire day, so left mid-afternoon because I was exhausted. After that I had a long weekend, and when I came back the following Monday, I was fine to work through the day. So three weeks probably would have been a little better.

dobermanleloo
on 3/3/16 8:24 am
VBG on 02/10/16

I took 1.5 weeks off and was ready to come back to work to get back into my daily routines. I was tired in the afternoon about 3pm tough so that was tough but felt pretty good besides that.

alouisa63
on 3/3/16 8:31 am - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

Three weeks for me! I was still exhausted at two weeks and want to be on soft foods and be in some sort of routine before I went back to work.  As it was with three weeks off, I would come home from a desk job and just drop dead.  I think it was about the 6 week mark I started to feel the energy return :)

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

Most Active