Lightheaded when standing and slimies?

Sandra F.
on 3/9/16 6:08 am

I have the same issue and told my doctor about it.  He did not seem concerned.  I just stand still for a moment until it passes and then start moving.  I have had it for years, even prior to VSG, so I don't think it is VSG related.  I think it is hormone related, which I guess one could make the argument that losing massive amounts of weight quickly could effect. 

LosinginAZ
on 3/9/16 7:35 am

Interesting, I never thought about hormones. Yeah mine goes away too if I stand still for a second, it is just strange. The burning in my head is the worst part. Thanks for your feedback!

Age: 34 / Height 5' 8" / Starting weight July 2015: 446.0 lbs / Surgery Date & Weight: 1/19/16 - 320.4 / Lost pre-op: 125.6lbs / Goal Weight: 180 lbs

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/9/16 7:45 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Being very dizzy-- or anything else "weird" for that matter-- merits a call to your surgeon. Best to play it safe and get an expert opinion.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

hyder1ab
on 3/9/16 8:15 am
RNY on 05/06/15

I had the same problem. I started eating six small meals and it stopped. Not a diagnosis, just what worked for me.

Sarah M.
on 3/13/16 7:33 am - San Francisco Bay Area, CA
VSG on 01/19/15

First, congrats on your surgery.  Your surgery date is the same as mine -- only one year later!

I had the same issue with lightheadedness.  For me, I needed electrolytes.  The one I've found that works for me and doesn't taste TOO bad is called Nuun.  They have about 20 different flavors.  I like the Mixed Berry or the Tropical Fruit.  You put the tablet in your water and it dissolves.  I then add some lemonade crystal light - but you may not need it.  The Nuun is the lowest carb/calorie thing I've found that I will drink.  The Gatorade is good in a pinch, but I don't love the taste.

And when you get the slimies...you'll know...it's like your regurgitating a bunch of mucus.  It's gross.  

Take care and enjoy the journey!

VSG 1/19/15 | HW: 262 | SW: 255 | CW: 146 (3/20/16)

TheNewT
on 3/15/16 7:35 am
VSG on 08/04/14

I'm 1 1/2 years out and developed this about 6 months ago. I was sleeping on the couch and went from that position to standing straight up. I went to the door (5 steps) to unlock it for the hubby, turned around, took 2 steps and promptly fainted. I wasn't out long b/c I fell on a pencil sticking out of my son's bag. I believe the pain of the pencil helped to bring me around faster. I talked to the Dr. He pretty much suggested that I go from a vertical position to seated to standing slowly.

My blood pressure was always good. After surgery it is even lower...100/60. The Dr. thinks the pressure is even lower when I am lying down. So I take my time when "changing elevations".

Most Active