Protien

bigolalaskan
on 4/4/16 3:43 pm - Spring Creek, NV

Greetings all.  Just over the first month, doing great for the most part.  No problems except getting in my water and protein.  I am so sick of drinking protein, I dread it, thus don't do it.  Had to throw out my blade to the NutriBullet so no smoothies to make the protein tasty until I replace it (not very expensive, but will take a while to get here). 

Those of you who use protein bars, which ones do you find best.  No comments please on it being a trigger, etc. that I have seen on other posts.  Its not relevant and takes away from the conversation of which are with in the perimeters of life with the sleeve:  Grams of Protein, Grams of Fat, Grams of Carbs, and Grams of Sugar.   I'm going to run a taste test and nutrient comparison later next week on my blog.  So far the Premier Protein 30 gram peanut butter chocolate is running first.  Had a Pure Protein today.  Not the greatest, only 20 grams of protein and really high in Carbs (16g).  Think it will rank towards the end because of the useless carbs and having to eat 3 of them to get 60 grams in (calories) 

Any suggestions of bars for me to try and can be bought in a store, not online, would be appreciated.

Lap Band 2002-2005. Surgery Date 03/02/2016 | Current Weight:  311
Dr. Christina Richards MD, Salt Lake City |  HW: 357  SW: 324  GW: 175 |
New blog at http://www.worldaccording2jen.com

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 4/4/16 4:20 pm
VSG on 01/11/16

I don't eat them .. but if you type "protein bars 2015" in the search field, a lot of results come up. 

Maria27
on 4/4/16 4:51 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

I am a pure protein bar person. I prefer the fruit and nut variety, even though they have a little less protein. 16g carbs is actually really low for a protein bar. Premier protein bars are not any lower in carbs, and their first ingredient is soy protein. Whey protein is a better choice than soy protein. I am particularly leery of any soy protein because consuming processed soy has similar effects to taking estrogen. Plus Premier Protein are so much higher in calories that two of them are basically equivalent to three pure protein bars anyway. I have yet to find any bars that have better stats than pure protein. Most are loaded with sugar or sugar alcohols. Unless you are going by net carbs, but I suggest you do not do that because it is a scam.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

michele1
on 4/5/16 10:33 am
Revision on 07/07/15

I like Quest bars particularly the white chocolate raspberry and the cookie dough, pumpkin pie is also good but only comes out in the fall. Quest is the cleanest bar I personally know of.

Lapband 6/08 90 pounds lost!  Band slip and esophageal dilation diagnosed 5/15

LapBand removed, hernia repaired and sleeved 7/8/15

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/5/16 10:51 am
RNY on 08/05/19

There are plenty of other ways to get protein in without drinking, even at a month out. Scrambled eggs and tuna salad are great options, very soft and not likely to upset your sleeve-- FAR more digestible at first than a protein bar.

My surgeon's guidelines for bars are at least 10g protein for every 100 calories. Quest bars fit that, and you can often find them at the grocery store. Think Thin bars are really close (220 cal, 20g protein) and I buy mine at Target.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views