Heartburn

Aurorasw
on 5/7/16 4:33 pm
VSG on 04/26/16

I am 11 days out from my sleeve surgery. Today I have the worst heartburn ever. I can't even lay down without acid burning up my throat. I have never experienced this before. Is this common for people who have had the sleeve surgery? What are people doing if so? Thank you in advance. 

yvonnef1964
on 5/7/16 5:08 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Most Dr's prescribe a ppi for awhile. If you are taking one then you might need it changed to something stronger. 

Aurorasw
on 5/7/16 7:08 pm
VSG on 04/26/16

I will have to wait to talk to my doctor on Monday. Thank you soo much for responding. I am not taking anything but it is really really bad right now. I can't even lay down to sleep. I wonder if this is a common side effect? 

hollykim
on 5/7/16 8:17 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 8, 2016 at 2:08 AM Pacific Time, Aurorasw wrote:

I will have to wait to talk to my doctor on Monday. Thank you soo much for responding. I am not taking anything but it is really really bad right now. I can't even lay down to sleep. I wonder if this is a common side effect? 

yes, it is a common side effect.

NateH
on 5/8/16 3:26 pm
VSG on 09/26/14

The person on my surgical team (resident/whatever his title was) forgot to send me home with a script for a PPI. On day 5 I was miserable and rueing the day I decided for the surgery. I complained to my surgeon; his first question was if I was taking the PPI. When I told him I didn't get an Rx for one, he was shocked and angry at his staff. I got it and in about 2-3 days I was feeling about 8800% better. You can get an OTC, but call your surgeon the Rx is usually cheaper and more effective. 

HW: 450
SW: 428 9/26/14
Reached 'normal' BMI (24.9) with a weight of 199.9: 2/5/2016

Aurorasw
on 5/8/16 6:37 pm
VSG on 04/26/16

Thank you very much Nate for your email. I really appreciate it. My doc never gave me a script and never mentioned that this could happen. It is awful! So glad that you felt better after a few days! I am seeing the doc on Tuesday so I am hoping to get some relief soon. 

Thanks again!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views