Stall at 2 weeks?!?!?

Cherie K.
on 5/18/16 2:07 am - Hong Kong

I thought everything that I read said that the weight loss was fast the first few months... I am just at day 13 post-op and the past 3 days have been up, down, up all around the same exact weight!  It is frustrating... I am still in liquids only phase... all I am having is water, tea, protein shake, and broth with extra protein added.  

White Dove
on 5/18/16 2:32 am - Warren, OH

It is part of the process of how the body loses weight.  Put three week stall into the search box at the top of the page to read more about the experience.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

kyzze
on 5/18/16 3:02 am
VSG on 12/29/15 with

This is perfectly normal. Just keep with your plan and the scale will start moving soon, just be patient, your body is still adjusting to the change.

Kyzze

CMR1075
on 5/18/16 5:54 am
VSG on 01/15/16

It's normal, and will happen again. Mine happened at 3 weeks and a few times after. I'm stalled right now at 4 months out. I keep teetering between the same 2 lbs for the last 2 weeks....grrrr. But look on the bright side - you WILL lose! At least that's what I keep trying to tell myself lol. 

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/18/16 2:14 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

You must practice patience, you just had major surgery, repeat, major surgery. Your body is more concentrated on healing you than getting the scale to move. Stay with it & the scale will eventually move, just remember that its only 1 indicator of weight loss. Start taking measurements, your body will change even if the scale won't tell you so.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/18/16 2:39 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

"Fast in the first few months" does not mean several pounds per day, or even a change every single day. You'll drive yourself up the wall if you weigh daily!

Your body is healing and trying to get used to the new configuration, and it's important to be patient.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active