Just Beginning my VSG Journey

prettisleeve
on 6/4/16 1:35 pm

Thank you!! Congrats on your approval and good luck on your surgery!! I'm hoping to have a surgery date in August. My last appt is July 8th. So hopefully she can get all the paperwork submitted by Mid July. I'm super excited about it all. I'm more than ready for a new lifestyle! Good luck to you again 

Pretty Girls Rock!!

favoritebaby
on 6/4/16 7:54 pm

Hi,

Great!  You did get approval quickly.  I began my journey in April and probably won't be able to have surgery until January 2017.  So many steps, but I'm certain I will benefit greatly and will have no regrets.

sagebrushsally
on 6/4/16 1:47 pm

I am also sort of just beginning. I have done the medically-supervised (not-much-weight-lost) weight loss route for about 2 years, and have just been approved for surgery by my bari doc and the psychologist. I have an appointment with the surgeon this Thursday, the 9th. If he approves, then I have to get approved by my insurance company. It is possible that I'll have my sleeve surgery the end of July (I hope, I hope, I hope). 

favoritebaby
on 6/4/16 7:59 pm

I, too, am in the beginning stages of my weight loss journey.  I still need to meet with the nutritionist for 6 consecutive months, see the psychologist, and the radiologist. Then, I'll meet with the surgeon again. Hopefully, I"ll get everything taken care of and have surgery no later than January 2017.  I wish you the best of luck on your journey.

prettisleeve
on 6/4/16 9:09 pm

Thank you hunny! I meet with the psychologist on the 15th then Nutritionist and egd in early July....so I'm trying to get thru those appts so we can submit to insurance company. Hoping to be approved. I have literally been doing constant research for days. Lol 

Pretty Girls Rock!!

prettisleeve
on 6/4/16 9:07 pm

Congrats to you!! Wow 2 years medically supervised weight loss? Is that required by your insurance? Thankfully my insurance didn't require as much this time. I'm so ready to have this surgery. My last appt is early July and my doctor is always in high demand so I'm sure it will be August or later.

Pretty Girls Rock!!

sagebrushsally
on 6/10/16 9:00 am

Six months of a medically-supervised weight loss program (dietitian included) is required by my insurance co. I did it for about 10 months, then dropped off... and regained all of the weight (S.O.S.O. :(). I then started back up several months later and asked for the sleeve six months into it, but my psych wanted me to wait six more months. I did--while continuing the medical diet program... and now all of my team are on board. I just have to be approved by my insurance co. I am REALLY enjoying this board! I'm so glad I stumbled upon it. Good luck, Prettisleeve!

prettisleeve
on 6/11/16 5:31 am

Thank you hunny!!!! I'm so glad all of your doctors are on board now!! I bet that's a wonderful feeling. I have 3 appointments scheduled for Wednesday 6/15....so that will be a busy day for me! After that EGD....We are so going to rock this!!! I'm hoping nothing comes up or prevents me from having this done!

Pretty Girls Rock!!

sagebrushsally
on 6/11/16 7:42 am

I will pray for you Wednesday, prettisleeve! You're right, we ARE going to rock this!!! :) Let's go!!!

ladyeagle1993
on 6/5/16 4:19 am

Hi there!  I had my consultation in May and have all but a nutrition visit (6/14) and the final consultation (6/29).  Hoping for a surgery date for July or early August.  Like you, I'm so excited!  And glad thankful for this board that I don't have to go through this blindly and without the help of everyone here.  Hoping for a smooth process for you! :-)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views