Pre op diet

KTnj63
on 7/2/16 1:19 pm
VSG on 07/07/16

Ugh, sorry for you but it seems to be the norm.  I was shocked by my surgeons no pre op diet it was a relief to see others similar to me but most everyone has a diet like yours.  Good luck!

Renren
on 7/2/16 12:19 pm
VSG on 12/02/15

My surgeon used to require a two week pre op diet, but he couldn't  see any significant difference in the size of the liver between the people who did the two week diet and those who didn't, so all I had to do was a liquid diet the day before. And nothing but clear liquids including apple juice the morning of the surgery, stopping several hours before the surgery, can't remember how many. I still hate apple juice, ick. I drank too much of it and it raised my blood sugar that day. Don't worry you will be fine. Many surgeons no longer require the pre op diet. 

5'2.5" Surgery date/ 12-02-15 Dr.Valentine Boise ID

Highest:289 SW/212 CW 122

Goal/125-130

Goal reached at 10 months

Keith L.
on 7/3/16 9:41 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

You may want to reconsider your program. Does not sound kosher to me. You have some time to at least do the liquid pre-op diet starting right now. The idea is to shrink your liver do reduce the risk of complications. The more in there to maneuver the better. The pre-op diet is simple:

3 protein shakes per day (low carb or at least low sugar - less than 5g)

Clear liquids (no sugar, so crystal light and those types of drinks are ok, chicken/beef/veggie broth (this helps a lot))

Its a tough diet but it is the protocol of centers of excellence which arguably have the highest rates of success on here.

I did not get my surgery at a COE but my wife is getting hers at one and the difference is remarkable.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

KTnj63
on 7/3/16 10:47 am
VSG on 07/07/16

Thanks did some research and my facility is accredited as a COE in bariatric surgery.  Phew. One less thing to worry about.  Knowing that surgery is around the corner I have started my diet changes also. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views