Anyone on the pill post op???

malattogirl
on 7/3/16 9:27 am
VSG on 05/23/16

Has anyone gotten pregnant after vsg while on the pill? I just started taking again today, I'm 5 weeks 6 days post op. My husband and I will use condoms as back up, but will I be ok with just the pill?

White Dove
on 7/3/16 9:34 am - Warren, OH

Your are smart to use two methods.  Give your body a chance to lose the weight and be healthy before getting pregnant.  Most surgeons recommend at leaset waitin 18 months.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

malattogirl
on 7/3/16 11:53 am
VSG on 05/23/16

Hey, White Dove! I do NOT want to get pregnant. I have 2 children and don't want anymore, lol.I was wondering when it would be safe to just rely on the pill and not have to use the condoms. I'm terrified that the pill might not work because of lack of absorption.

White Dove
on 7/3/16 12:00 pm - Warren, OH

There is no lack of absorption with VSG. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

malattogirl
on 7/3/16 3:25 pm
VSG on 05/23/16

Really??? I thought there was! Thank you so much for responding and letting me know!

McLassie
on 7/3/16 9:38 am
VSG on 07/25/16

Is there some reason you stopped taking the pill? I ask because I'm on it for endometriosis (not birth control) and I had planned on staying on it.

malattogirl
on 7/3/16 11:50 am
VSG on 05/23/16

I had my period the day of surgery and was suppose to start the pill the previous day. I just wanted to give myself a break and start again after surgery. I have been on them for a long time. I DO NOT want to get pregnant. 

hollykim
on 7/3/16 3:51 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 3, 2016 at 4:27 PM Pacific Time, malattogirl wrote:

Has anyone gotten pregnant after vsg while on the pill? I just started taking again today, I'm 5 weeks 6 days post op. My husband and I will use condoms as back up, but will I be ok with just the pill?

while the VSG has no malabsorption, hormone swing can cause wonky things to happen. Even though the pill lessons the likelihood of wonky things happening,I would resin ally use condoms for three months also.

malattogirl
on 7/3/16 4:30 pm
VSG on 05/23/16

Thank you. That's what I am going to do.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 100 views