Messed up big time

(deactivated member)
on 8/20/16 9:18 am

Hi everyone. Well I hd my surgery last year on march 31, 2015. Lost a lot of weight. Since Christmas of 2015 I have ****** up bad. Have gained most of my weight back. I am so depressed. my boyfriend is getting the blunt end of it. I have no sex drive and its making us grow apart. Please any advice or tips on how to get back into healthy eating again and to stay with it. Please.

Kelly L.
on 8/20/16 9:44 am

Now is the time to start over just like you did in the beginning.    High protein low carb.   Track all your food in myfitnesspal.   You can do this, you've done it before!!  Don't beat yourself up, just try to make a fresh start.

White Dove
on 8/20/16 9:51 am - Warren, OH

It seems like it would be easy to lose it again, but our bodies do not work that way.  Once the regain starts it is very difficult to start over.  Contact your surgeon's office and try to find a therapist who deals with weight loss surgery patients.  Very few people are successful long term with weight loss surgery unless they also have therapy.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Gwen M.
on 8/20/16 10:00 am
VSG on 03/13/14

First off - schedule an appointment with your surgeon and nutritionist to figure out your plan and get advice on how to get back on it.  

Second - schedule an appointment with a therapist and your PCP to start working on addressing the depression and the underlying causes of why you've sabotaged your weight loss.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/16 1:39 pm

She told me just to exercise and eat 1200 calories a day. To me 1200 is a lot. I like to stay at 1000 calories and 50 carbs a day.

Gwen M.
on 8/22/16 8:52 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Is that from your surgeon or nutritionist?  You might want to find a dietician with WLS experience, because that's pretty inept medical advising :/ 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 8/20/16 10:20 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

You should probably seek out therapy to find out why you messed up your weight loss. Reaching out to support groups could help also. Maybe the hospital that you got your surgery has a group you can connect with.

You might want to check out the what are you eating threads on the rny forum. You'll probably have to look at the older threads since they're about to do a all meat-critter all week challenge. The older threads will show what they eat on a regular basis, it might help to give you ideas. You can also look at the 5 day meat test in my signature. It's a site that Julie, one of the regulars created & is pretty helpful.

I find posting on here to be helpful since most people have gone thru or are going thru various challenges in their weight loss journey.

Regain is quite common so don't beat yourself up about it, but you have to find out why you gained, what is triggering you to go back to food & more importantly find out how to handle it in the future. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Keith L.
on 8/20/16 2:16 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I spent the better part of a year getting WAY off track. It was not easy but I have managed to turn it around. It was not easy, but I totally just had to bite the bullet and do it. I threw out every bit of bad food I had around. I started walking the very next day. I am doing 3 to 5 miles per day at least once per day, sometimes twice. I am following a ketogenic diet which is a bit higher fat than a VSG basic diet which is more satisfying and encourages your body to burn more fat (ketones). Its not an easy diet to do, but I am starting my 3rd month and once you get a head of steam going its pretty good. Just google ketogenic diet and you can read all about it. There are a lot of resources about it.

There are not quick and easy "tricks". Think back to what you had to do right after surgery and start doing it again. 

I did have some incentives as well. My wife just had the surgery, she is 6 weeks post-op yesterday. I did the pre-op diet with her. It was a good jump start but actually slowed my weight loss considerable because it slowed my metabolism down so much.

I would be happy to work with you to help motivate and guide you back to success. First step is find a reason to really want it and then get your head into the game.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/16 1:35 pm

Thank you. I would like for you to help motivate and guide me please. Getting back into it starting tomorrow. I have done it before and I know I can do it.

Keith L.
on 8/21/16 1:45 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Why tomorrow? What's wrong with right now? Will a half a day of eating poorly or not exercising really make you feel better? Go open your cupboards and fridge and toss the bad stuff. Take it out to the trash so you won't be tempted to fi**** out of the kitchen can. After you are done with all that, fire up Map My Run and walk 0.5 miles in one direction then turn around and come back. Then sit down and log everything you ate today (even the bad stuff) into MyFitnessPal so you can see the damage you have been doing.

Go to bed early tonight, get up early tomorrow make yourself a nice low carb breakfast and then log it into MyFitnessPal. Stay focused. Set some goals (both long and short). Set a non-weight oriented goal for this week like keeping carbs under 40 each day or eat breakfast every day or wake up before x:xx every day. Then make sure you meet your goals.

Start by taking action. Tomorrow is not a milestone, you can start any time. Not time better than right now.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views