Snoopybaby
on 11/29/16 12:14 pm

I am in the process of doing gastric sleeve

Anyone out there who has crohns disease as well

Teresa 

roxytrim
on 11/29/16 1:29 pm - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

I have Ulcerative Colitis (under control). Not the same - but in the family. There is no problem with the VSG & flare-ups, if that is your inquiry.

Snoopybaby
on 11/29/16 1:42 pm

Not worried about flare ups they will happen no matter what

Looking at what kind of recipes  etc

There telling me besides the protein fruit and vegetables which if I eat to many of them I end up in the restroom with diarrhea 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 11/29/16 2:00 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Take a look at the daily menu thread to get an idea of what people eat after surgery. That should give you a better idea as to what post-op life is like.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

psychoticparrot
on 11/30/16 6:40 am

My husband, who has UC, was considering VSG for a while, but decided to get his current flare-up under control before making the decision about the surgery.

VSG diets emphasize proteins -- most UC and Crohn's patients can handle those. If you include vegetables, make sure they're well cooked and avoid the high-fiber varieties. Fruits can be avoided entirely, or you can eat those that you know don't make your symptoms worse.

I don't know if the surgery itself can cause a flare-up. That's something to discuss with your bariatric surgeon (along with dietary questions).

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Snoopybaby
on 11/30/16 12:53 pm

Thanks so much 

Thank goodness my crohns is not acting up 

Fruits some of them I can eat like apples and banana 

Some salads some peas and green beans I could always put vegetables in the shakes

I am probably will do vsg on Feb 

Teresa

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views