Body isn't doing nothing

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/16 12:40 pm - Eugene , OR
VSG on 04/17/17

I've been trying for six months. Even seeing a dietitian per my insurance and need to lose 12lbs so I can have surgery. I was on night shift at work, hardly eating. Sleeping all day. Well I switched back to evening shift and I gained some weight so now I need to lose 30 lbs. I'm at dead stop so I've decided to basically do a preop liquid diet. I'm trying my best to get in my exercise at least three times a week. I don't know what else to do at this point my metabolism has completely down.  I feel like I'm being jinxed I've been wanting the surgery for years now. I've talked to the dietitian they know how I feel they were gonna try to talk to the doctor because this seems to be my past I told them about my past during my consult and my stalls and not being able to get past a certain weight. I also explained that I was barely even eating when I was working the night shift when I first had my consult halfway through my dietitian appointments I switched going to eves and I was getting back into more of a routine but eating healthy not bad.

I'm getting depressed, I'm getting frustrated, I almost want to give up. Any suggestions any helpful hints anything?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 12/12/16 12:56 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

When you say you're "hardly eating," can you log your food for a few days and tell us exactly what you're having in an average day? Weigh it, measure it, log it, and log EVERYTHING, even down to a blob of ketchup or two nibbled French fries.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/16 1:17 pm, edited 12/12/16 5:26 am - Eugene , OR
VSG on 04/17/17

3 Premier Protein Shakes a day. 

2 Sugar Free Jellos a day 

Sometimes I'll have chicken broth between- 1 cup 

I did have a Grilled Chicken Salad with Bacon & Cheese and a little side of Honey Mustard Dressing yesterday! 

I was was trying to see how I can add my Fitbit photo of what I've ate. I keep track. 

on 12/12/16 1:34 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

How much of the shake are you having? I just looked up the label, and one ready-to-drink is 160 calories, not 80, so the snack ones may be off.

A salad may not be healthy, especially when there's stuff on it. A chicken/bacon/cheese salad at Quizno's, for example, is 270 calories + 580 calories for a full portion of dressing.

How are you measuring your peanut butter? That one is notoriously calorie-dense and it's very easy to under-estimate unless you're using measuring spoons or a food scale.

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/16 2:17 pm - Eugene , OR
VSG on 04/17/17

The entire shake for breakfast and lunch and maybe one for dinner. The salad I ate 1/2 for lunch and 1/2 for dinner. They give those little cups for sauce. I used 1 at lunch and one at dinner. I'm using what's on the actual containers. Tablespoons for PB. 

The dietitian that I see says I should change anything at all. I asked after I had a melt down in her office. She says I'm doing fine. They haven't offered any other suggestions. Except maybe a little more greens..... 

on 12/12/16 2:23 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Your picture shows 580 calories.

If you add in the different nutrition info on the shakes (160 cal for a full one) that's an extra 160 calories.

If you add the salad in on top of these using the nutrition info I pulled up from Quizno's (just an example of a fast-food salad), that's (135 salad + 290 dressing) per meal for a total of 850 calories.

Throw THAT into your reported numbers, and you're actually eating 1590 calories, and it makes much more sense that you wouldn't be losing on that amount.

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/16 1:21 pm - Eugene , OR
VSG on 04/17/17
Stacy_WLS
on 12/12/16 1:43 pm

This might not be popular here, but I would recommend increasing what you eat.  Get at least 60 - 80 grams of protein each day and get exercise.  Your body will continue to be tired and slow if you continue to cut and then your body will rebel and you will EAT and then it will keep it all as fat.  

Try to get meals of lean protein and veg.  300 calories of grilled chicken breast and steamed brocoli is a lot of food.  You can eat this three times a day and still have room for a coffee or something else small.  Plus you wont be at the point where you just feel so drained and ready to snap.  

Good luck!

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/16 4:53 pm - Eugene , OR
VSG on 04/17/17

Thank you! 

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/16 7:35 pm - Eugene , OR
VSG on 04/17/17

Just so your all aware. I haven't had surgery yet... 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views