Tell me about Genepro...

Erin T.
on 2/6/17 3:08 pm
VSG on 01/17/17

Honestly, that was kind of my thinking. Not using it for my primary protein consumption but just because extra protein never hurt. I'm 3 weeks post op and I get about 50g/day easy but I have to fight for those last 10-20g, and I hate just consuming to consume. 

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

italbar
on 2/7/17 1:25 pm
VSG on 12/28/16

I'm with you.

I looked at the study and while there was some methodological problems, I don't think it is fair to discount it purely as a scam.

Case in point: Is the once-a-month B12 shot a "scam" because one monthly dose contains so much less B12 than the sum of sublingual B12 doses every day over a month? Of course not. We know that the absorption of that formulation of B12 in muscle/adipose is superior to oral ingestion methods and thus it is sufficient for our needs.

I am not saying that I wouldn't rather it was a more established company. And I am not saying that it is a bit suspicious that if was something so revolutionary that I would expect the process/product would be the target of an acquisition of some sort, so of course there are some yellow flags at least. But, the reason for the reduced amount of required product is pretty well spelled out in their documentation.

The proof, really, is in the results. Has anybody used to get to their doctor's recommended protein goal and found that when they got their labs back that they were protein deficient? I'd be highly interested in any such data suggesting that usage consistent with the nutritional information to achieve medical goals resulted in a measurable deficit. 

Most Active