3 month post op update

jachristmas
on 3/18/17 6:49 pm
VSG on 12/14/16

This week has been a busy one..I've hardly had time to come on here, so I'm catching up tonight. I had my 3 month appointment this week and am down to 257 lbs. I have lost 91 lbs since I started last May!! My energy is really starting to increase now. I was doing some shopping yesterday and realized that my feet are smaller. It was so much fun trying on shoes without puffy swollen feet. I even bought a pair of wedges..they felt so good and make me so much taller (I'm 5'2). It's been a long time since I felt comfortable wearing something with a heel. Also, I stopped by the bathroom and my usual choice of the wheelchair accessible stall was occupied so I had to take a regular one AND I fit. Most people could never appreciate this, but it's nice to go pee and not feel like I'm going to be claustrophobic because I've crammed myself into this tiny little stall while praying I can maneuver around and get myself cleaned up and outta there. I felt so normal. Today I went to a friend's bridal shower and was so proud of myself for sticking to my plan. I didn't have any cake or sweets. I decided the meat/cheese tray was the best option for me. I also had a strawberry without dip and some cucumber slices with a spoonful of ranch. Tomorrow is my mother in laws birthday and I am cooking for our family. I am making grilled salmon and a salad like they serve at Olive Garden, and baked potatoes for everyone else. I also made her a birthday cake and did not taste the icing. Before WLS I loved cake decorating, but gave it up for awhile because it was a trigger. Not planning on eating any tomorrow but I hope she enjoys it. Well that's enough for now lol, just thought I'd share how things were going.

Cathy H.
on 3/19/17 2:30 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Congratulations those are great victories! I can so identify with the bathroom stall story...it's so cool to not only be able to use the normal ones, but to have room to spare!!

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 92 views