Counting down

LMTSC
on 5/21/17 4:38 pm
VSG on 06/29/17

counting down until my surgery. 3wks and 3 days until I start the pre op diet and 5wks 3 days till surgery. I'm excited at this point but can feel my anxiety level creeping up.

I can and I will

WATCH ME!

Gwen M.
on 5/21/17 5:17 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Try to keep really busy :D

(Although my "really busy" involved my cat having a health crisis, so I don't recommend that method.)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

LMTSC
on 5/21/17 5:24 pm, edited 5/21/17 10:25 am
VSG on 06/29/17

Yikes in the kitty crisis. I've actually started having more motivation to do things around the house which seems to be helping.

I can and I will

WATCH ME!

Amalilly
on 5/21/17 6:13 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 05/23/17

I have my surgery Tuesday morning. Before I started the pre-op diet I struggled with "what am I going to eat that I'll 'never' be able to have again" - be careful of this it is a tricky one... I did have my favorite pizza and one other place I really like but otherwise I told myself "I'm about to take a giant step towards the life I envision for myself, start now" with that I managed to avoid any 'binging' type behavior.

I also started water exercise to strengthen my core, leg and shoulder (upper arm) muscles to help me recover after surgery... if I'm going to be 'weakened' by the surgery or pain I want to be stronger to start with.

While you didn't ask for advice I thought it might be helpful... it is also tempting to cheat on the pre-surgery diet Don't do it, one slip makes it easier to do again (and again).

I've been very fortunate to have minimal anxiety - then again I've been considering this for 10 years and in the process of getting the surgery for 21 months. I KNOW I can't continue the way my body had been. I have to get every tool I can to make a difference in my life. I want out of this prison! With motivation like that I haven't room for anxiety. The folks involved know what they are doing and what will happen will happen, no point worrying about it.

Anxiety = Worry = rocking in a chair... it's something to do but won't get you anywhere!

Sending you good wishes.

Amalilly

Weights: HW 370, SW 336, GW 180 (fantasy 145), CW 268.1 (pre surgery -34, M1- 26, M2- 16)
Dates: Referral - Aug 26, 2015, Info Class - Dec 4, Optifast - May 2nd, 2017, Surgery - May 23rd

Surgeon: Dr. J.D. Yelle, Ottawa, ON

LMTSC
on 5/21/17 6:39 pm, edited 5/21/17 11:40 am
VSG on 06/29/17

Thank you for the advice and amazing quote, it's so true. I'm not super anxious and am really looking forward to being healthy, but can tell it's brewing. X

'I've also been trying to alter some behaviors and really think twice about eating some things. A few things that I would normally love eating have suddenly not tasted as good as I expected them to. Guess that's my subconscious getting ready. Binging on things now won't have any affect on me after surgery but they also won't do anything positive for me in the meantime............. This shift in thinking lets me know that I am truly ready to make this change.

Best of luck to you!. Save me a seat on the losers bench

I can and I will

WATCH ME!

JLSHAW
on 5/22/17 5:48 am
VSG on 06/01/17

I am currently on day 5 of my preop diet and having difficulty sleeping due to the excitement and yes some anxiety! Wish I could sleep the next 9 days away and wake up all sleeved lol

LMTSC
on 5/22/17 7:13 am
VSG on 06/29/17

Wouldn't it be nice to sleep away that time...... I'm sure it will go fast for me but at the moment it feels like time is standing still

I can and I will

WATCH ME!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views