brand new VSG here!

ShirlAus
on 6/18/17 3:24 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Hey

I am a bit like you and cant handle the sweetness of the shakes - my dietician suggested I buy a protein powder with neutral flavour.

That way you can drink it without the sugary hit, add it to yoghurt, soup etc etc when you get to that stage.

I have 3 tins sitting at home waiting for me to have my sleeve next Monday

Happy Healing - sounds like you are doing really well :)

Shirley

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/17 5:46 pm

Hi Shirl,

Curious what kind of protein powder you bought that has a neutral flavor?? I need to find an unflavored one so that I can to yogurt, etc.

ShirlAus
on 6/18/17 6:26 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Hi Livin :)

Im in Australia but my dietcian recommended Sustagen Neutral when her preffered Proform Neutral wasnt in stock

She said its great to add protein to soups etc without the sickly sweet taste that doesnt tend to go with savoury things

Shirley :)

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/17 5:22 am, edited 6/18/17 10:24 pm

Thank you, Shirl. I am going to check it out. I have had one for a while and the taste is awful.

ShirlAus
on 6/19/17 1:51 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

My pleasure :)

Hope you find one that you like

Shirley

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/17 9:45 pm

I got genepro and it has no flavor. I got mine at Amazon but it's fulfilled by GNC so they might have it in stores. I've even added it to water with lime and it was fine.

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/17 5:24 am

Thank you, Missy! I am going to check it out on Amazon. Looking forward to adding more protein, minus the taste.

Joojy
on 6/19/17 11:38 am
VSG on 06/14/17

hi! i use nectar by syntrax (medical unflavored). very happy with it. does not change flavor of what it's added to.

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/17 1:12 pm

Thank you, Joojy!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/17 9:44 pm

My surgery is set for 6/22/17- I'm a bit nervous but know I need to do it. I'd love to go through this with someone so let's keep in touch.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 74 views