Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Tuesday 9/12/17

ShirlAus
on 9/12/17 7:17 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Hey Agran

I must confess I dont track it totally - I know I should and will try and find a tool that helps me get better at tracking

I follow a mainly protein diet

How are you going?

Agran
on 9/12/17 7:29 pm

Thanks for responding. I am feeling a bit frustrated to be honest. This past week was tough, didn't feel like eating much for a few days and my medication ran out for acid reflux and it was horrible.

I am counting all carbs - getting in about 40 g at most each day and still only about 400 calories. I am only one week behind you but only list 36 lbs so far ( surgery on July 4).

You are doing so well. Any advice? Are you getting a lot of exercise? Appreciate any words of wisdom.

Hope winter is gadfly approaching its end for you. Thanks.

ShirlAus
on 9/12/17 7:35 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Hi Again

36lbs is wonderful :) Is that since surgery? You should be proud of yourself. You sound like you have bad reflux. I have it on the odd occassion but have only taken acid meds (over the counter) 4 times since my surgery.

I am just starting to walk more as I have a very bad knee. Its helping a bit. I dont do gym or anything like that yet as Im taking it slowly. Im up for a knee replacement

Maybe start listing what you eat on the post each day. I find it helps me a lot and keeps me accountable.

Yes its Spring here and finally had a warmer morning. I feel the cold so much since the surgery. Hands are always cold

Take care of yourself and dont place huge expectations on your progress. Each of us is different and have different amounts of weight to loose.

:)

Shirley

Agran
on 9/12/17 8:06 pm

Thanks Shirley appreciate the words of encouragement. I will start doing that and see if that helps.

Yes the weight loss is since surgery, I didn't have to go on a pre-surgery diet.

I know everyone thinks this isn't going to work for them - I am trying to be more positive.

You are doing so well. I hope you are proud of yourself. Thanks for your support.

Agran
on 9/12/17 8:02 pm

Spell check. Arghh

getting in 40 grams of protein, few carbs, about 48 oz water.

ShirlAus
on 9/12/17 8:13 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

I would up your protein - Every surgeon is different but should be at least 60 or more - maybe the vets can give a better idea.

Would also up your water - I try and drink 2 litres (67 oz) each day plus 1-2 cups of tea

Maybe you could have a protein shake as a snack to help boost your protein and fluid intake? Just a thought

:)

Shirley

Agran
on 9/13/17 2:59 pm

Thanks so much Shirley. I was thinking I should add a protein shake to up my protein. Water is always a challenge it seems, before surgery I could drink water by the gallon. Yes it is 36 since surgery. Is you weight loss since surgery or does it include pre- op.

I will start posting my food as well. Really appreciate your words if wisdom we are heading into winter her soon. Only a month or so before snow enjoy your spring

thanks again

ShirlAus
on 9/13/17 3:08 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Sounds like that will be good for you Agran

Mine is including 2 weeks pre op diet - I lost 15 lbs on that. So in fact you have lost more than me :)

Dont worry too much about the numbers (easier said than done) Just keep doing what you are doing, up your protein and fluids :)

My pleasure

Agran
on 9/13/17 3:31 pm

Thank you. BTW I get the cold thing- I am always cold since surgery. That's what good warm husbands are for - mine is a furnace.

Talk to you soon. ?

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views