SmartyPants Vitamins?

hannahg22
on 10/28/17 7:24 am
VSG on 08/15/17

Has anyone tried these vitamins? The package comes with a day and night dose of vitamins for bariatric patients. I follow a few wls people on Instagram and I have seen them post about these on there, but I figured I should check with anyone on OH too.

Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/17 10:01 am
VSG on 03/28/17

I loved smartypants vitamins pre-op, but they are just too sugary for my post op life. The AM/PM bariatric vits would give you 11g carb per day, which is about half of my daily carb allowance.

hollykim
on 10/28/17 1:26 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 28, 2017 at 2:24 PM Pacific Time, hannahg22 wrote:

Has anyone tried these vitamins? The package comes with a day and night dose of vitamins for bariatric patients. I follow a few wls people on Instagram and I have seen them post about these on there, but I figured I should check with anyone on OH too.

Thanks!

they are woefully incomplete. You will have to take iron and vitamin d separately plus zinc and many other vitamins. That is beside the sugar issue.

i wouldn't use them at all.

the ASMBS recommends we get 200% RDA of every vitamin and this barely covers 100# RDA. And fish oil? Why? Because it is cheap. It is not even recommended for us though it doesn't hurt us to take it.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views