Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Monday 12/4/17

CC C.
on 12/4/17 8:28 am, edited 12/4/17 12:30 am

Today I'm heading out for a hike and later I have my surgeon's support group. He only has them quarterly and I missed two, so this is just my second one - the first was a few weeks after surgery and now I'm past my goal. Time flies!

QOTD: I'm a night owl, but I really like my long morning routine of coffee, yogurt, and catching up on my iPad in my jammies in the morning.

B - coffee and yogurt

L - soup

D - real good pizza

S - roasted broad beans, string cheese

Gwen M.
on 12/4/17 8:35 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Lance changed the calendar to December yesterday, so I suppose it is officially December for me now. SIGH. This means I have to accept the fact that winter vacation is only 19 days away. It's this crazy countdown of "how much healing can Recovery Woman accomplish before she leaves for vacation?!" Ugh.

In good news, I slept super well last night and have gotten to the point where I can comfortably sleep on my side! (With a pillow between my knees.) What a difference that makes in my quality of sleep!

QOTD: I think I like the midday best 10-2 sort of time. But I'm not entirely sure! Shower time is the best time, regardless :)

1: protein shake
2: quiche! (I love leftover quiche, the guys don't seem to care about it. Win/win!)
3: no idea - it's Art's choice and I'll be eating after my WLS support group meeting
4: protein shake if I have time before bed

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: nope

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

yvonnef1964
on 12/4/17 8:45 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Qotd not a morning person so afternoon and night time is my favorite. I like to be left alone until I have my coffee. I try to make appointment in the afternoon.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D hot dogs, stuffing and green beans

Have a wonderful day

ShirlAus
on 12/4/17 12:01 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Hope your Dad is a little better today Yvonne

azmichy
on 12/4/17 9:29 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Happy Monday! Feeling super frustrated about EVERYTHING right now. My weight loss is not happening despite staying 100% on plan. I worry because I was unable to really loose weight before until I went on blood sugar meds., but now the surgeon has taken me off them and my A1C is low, but I just worry that is what is causing this incredibly slow loss. Tomorrow will be 6 weeks post-op and I have only lost 17.4. Most of that was prior to starting real food. In the past month I have only lost 5lbs. I'm weighing and measuring and logging and getting double the water and meeting protein. UGGGGHHH.

I knew I was going to be slower than others because I started low and having the lap band prior, but this is just insane. I'm staying around 700 calories for the day or below.

Thank you for letting me vent~

B: 2 hardboiled eggs, coffee w/HH

S1: 1/2 protein bar

L: smoked chicken and BBQ sauce or leftover stuffed acorn squash

S2: Greek yogurt

D: TBD

Lap Band 09/17/2003 HW-276 SW-225 LW-167

Revision to VSG 10/24/17 HW-244 SW-217.8 CW-179.6

Pre-op:0~M1:17~M2: 6.6~M3: 7.8~M4: 6.7

Erin T.
on 12/4/17 9:33 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Your loss really isn't atypical at all. Most people see an initial drop and then 1-2lbs per week of steady loss with occasional stalls. Barring some major metabolic issue and that you're following the rules (60-80g of protein, 400-800 calories, less than 30-40g of carbs, and 64oz of water or more) then there's not really a way that you can't lose the weight those first months. Be patient (I know that's easier said than done)!

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Kristi T.
on 12/4/17 9:59 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning everyone!

I climbed some really big hills yesterday on my hike and am paying for it today, I looked like a 90 year old woman getting out of bed this morning:-) Clear beautiful blue skies and sunny today, but incredibly cold. That's okay, as long as there is sun I will take it!

QOTD-I have two favorites. Early mornings with a cup of coffee and the time just after my walk or hike with my dog Emmy in the afternoon. It feels good physically and mentally, plus it's my favorite snack time of chai tea with cream:-)

B-4oz Fage w/2tsp SF lemon pudding and 2tbsp pistachios

L-PP shake

S-Chai tea w/cream & stevia, turkey jerky

D-Ended up going to Famous Dave's for brisket last night so will use yesterday's planned meal of swiss steak over cauliflower rice.

E-Walk with Emmy after grocery shopping

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

ShirlAus
on 12/4/17 12:06 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning All

Just finished vacumning the office and mopping all the floors. One way to wake up the metabolism huh ! I am fasting this morning for my surgeons blood tests - will head over in around 15 mins to be a pin cushion :)

Another busy night - made Rhubarb, Apple & Custard pies as we have my Son and his gf coming for dinner tonight. I also have one for my mum - plus leftovers from our dinner last night. So most of my family are sorted for dinner :)

QOTD: Definately morning person. Up at 5am each day and mostly pretty similar on the weekends. I love the peace and quiet on the weekends - sitting with a cup of tea. Especially watching the sunrise and listening to all the birds and frogs from our farm. Im certainly no night owl - lucky if Im up past 9.30pm at night

B: Chobani Yoghurt

L: Leftover Pork Meatball with Veg in sauce

D: Lasagna & Green Salad - serving rest of the family garlic bread too

Have a great night all

Shirley

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views