Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Saturday 12/16/17

Erin T.
on 12/16/17 4:29 am
VSG on 01/17/17

The countdown to the holiday is really on now, isn't it? We'll be going to a smokehouse to pick up some Christmas gifts today. Smoked meat, smoked cheese, etc - OH MY! Tomorrow I have to make my normal 'unbaked goods' (Buckeyes and oreo truffles). Monday is our holiday luncheon at work with all 1k+ staff/faculty, Tuesday I'm having lunch with a co-worker/mentor of mine. Thursday I'm having lunch with a friend I haven't seen in forever, Friday is our department luncheon at work and then dinner at my in-laws. Saturday I will need to prep all the snacks for Christmas Eve and then Sunday we'll go to the other set of in-laws and home to have everyone over here for snacks that evening. Plus, I need to wrap all the gifts still and I still need to decide on and source a gift for each kid and some stocking stuffers.

That made me tired just writing it.

QOTD: As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? I always wanted to be a physical therapist. I don't really know that I could identify why. Which is interesting because now, I would love to go through the PA program at the university I work for. I have an aptitude and interest in medically related things - but I don't think I could hack being a nurse. My father pushed me hard towards IT and here am I!

10 months post-op/Maintenance/132.2lbs

M1: Coffee, PP, Miralax, HC

M2: Egg, Sausage, Cheese

M3: Smoked Meat, maybe salmon?

M4: Leftover Burrito Bowl

M5: Yogurt w/ PB

E: I don't think I'll have time today, but I think I'll work on getting in a Kettlebell work out tomorrow. I got my CEP calf sleeves in the mail yesterday and they make a HUGE difference while running, so that's cool.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Cathy H.
on 12/16/17 6:15 am, edited 12/15/17 10:16 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

Got a nice Christmas bonus from the new job, totally unexpected but awesome! Plus a $25 gift certificate to one of our local supermarkets. Nice surprise and greatly appreciated at this time of year! Feeling great at 4 weeks post-op from my hysterectomy. My nearly 12-inch scar is looking very nice, lol! I have one tiny spot that's being stubborn and refusing to heal as fast, but some advice from my primary care physician and a little super glue seems to be doing the trick! Getting my energy back, and it's a good thing because work has been crazy. However, I'm loving my new job and the people I work with and all the doctors and nurses, so it's a blessed holiday season for me this year!

QOTD: I wanted to be a "scientist" when I was a kid. I was bound and determined to go to college and be a scientist. That is, until my Sophomore year of high school, when I got a D one semester in Chemistry. That's when I realized perhaps I better decide on something else. When I went to college right after high school, I planned on being an accountant because I had loved my Bookkeeping class in my HS Junior year. I ended up dropping out of college after 2 weeks (homesick...oy!), and later realized accounting would have bored me to tears. Ended up finding my niche with computers, went to night school for Info Mgmt, halfway through got a job in the field and quit school, retired after working half my career in computers, and so there ya go! You never know where life will take you once you get a little experience under your belt!

B, L, D: I have no freaking idea what I'm going to eat today, so whatever I put here will be wrong, I'm sure! LOL! Chances are there will be yogurt at one point, maybe bacon and poached eggs for dinner, lunch is a huge question mark. The only certainty is that there WILL BE COFFEE!! :)

Water and vites on track.

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Ladyblu
on 12/16/17 6:37 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

Well this morning it finally happened! Woke up at 4:30 am and had to pee, so for kicks, grins and giggles, I got on the scale in the dark. Now you have to understand that my scale talks to me so I don't have to 'see' my weight. She said... drum roll please... 399.4! Yeee hah! I haven't been less than 400 in 10+ years. We were talking about it this morning and it might even be before we moved into this house... which is over 12 years ago.

QOTD: Growing up I wanted to be a social worker and save all the kids. Once I got older, (late teens) I realized I might be the one that needed saving as my life went down a dark and different path.

M1: 2 Poached Eggs

M2: LO Stir Fry Pork

M3: 3 oz Poached chicken breast

M4: Faye, protein powder and SF peach jello

M5: Snow crab stuffed mushrooms

S: None

E: Does writing Christmas cards count? No, I guess not... so none today.

Water and vits on track (starting earlier today so I'm not up all night in the ladies room).

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VSG with Dr. Wanchick - Sept 29 2017

Age 52 Height 5'2" HW 585 (2012) Initial Consult Weight 522 SW 460 (9/29/2017) CW 350 (4/5/2018) Next Goal 325 Starting BMI 95.5 Current BMI 64.0

Pre-Op: 62 M1: 36 M2: 20 M3: 15 M4: 19 M5: 10 M6: 10 M7: ?

CC C.
on 12/16/17 8:05 am

Yay, LadyBlu!!

azmichy
on 12/16/17 2:24 pm
VSG on 10/24/17

Woohoo!!! So happy for you! You were so patient during your wait for that! It was inspiring to me because I get frustrated easily!!!

Lap Band 09/17/2003 HW-276 SW-225 LW-167

Revision to VSG 10/24/17 HW-244 SW-217.8 CW-179.6

Pre-op:0~M1:17~M2: 6.6~M3: 7.8~M4: 6.7

yvonnef1964
on 12/16/17 7:42 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

QOTD I wanted to be a nurse.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp Apple

D bean soup

Have a good day

CC C.
on 12/16/17 8:03 am

I woke up early with a headache and a mouth as dry as the desert. It's like having VSG all over again! Dehydration is a thing when sipping liquids. Apparently I can dish advice to others, I just don't apply it to myself. So today is all about liquids and lots of them.

QOTD: I wanted to be a landscape architect or a florist. Now I just garden.

B, L, D, S: protein shakes, broth, water, coffee, coconu****er, popsicles and dreams of solid food. Would a real ice cream chocolate shake be out of bounds?

Kristi T.
on 12/16/17 10:04 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Listen to your body and be kind to yourself today Cecily! Get those fluids in, you can do it

Gwen M.
on 12/16/17 8:05 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I accidentally overslept this morning and it was awesome. Weird dreams, though. Today is exciting - we're going out to a fancy restaurant to do a test tasting menu to make sure I can handle Noma in May. Tonight it's seven courses vs. the VSG stomach. :D

QOTD: A horse. I suppose, at some point, I realized that wasn't going to happen. So I went through the veterinarian phase, then I wanted to be a mental therapist, then I decided I didn't really like people so I wanted to be a code-breaker for the CIA because that would be a good use of my computer science/math background.

1: protein shake
2: no idea, probably just another shake or a protein bar
3: SEVEN COURSE TASTING MENU OMG YAY

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: nope

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 12/16/17 9:58 am, edited 12/16/17 2:00 am
VSG on 12/28/16

Way behind on my ho ho ho quota for the season although I did go to a company holiday lunch this week that was nice. I work from home and got to see co-workers I only see a couple of times a year. Some days I feel like Sandra Bullock's character in the movie The 'Net, if you ever saw that.

QOTD: I always wanted to be a marine biologist. As I got older I realized I get incredibly sea sick and the thought of being on the water generally makes me hurl. I did an Alaska cruise a few years back and had a scopolamine patch on for the first time, which really helped. But I patched up again to go dolphin watching in Hawaii two years ago and it didn't help much at all. I've resigned myself that I'm really more of a landlubber.

B: 2 eggs scrambled with 1/2 slice deli ham

L: shrimp ****tail

D: chicken thigh, broccoli

E: No unless shoe shopping counts

Most Active