Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Monday 12/18/17

Erin T.
on 12/18/17 3:12 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! Today is our holiday luncheon at work. I can't believe that one year ago at this time I was anticipating starting my liquid diet soon. I distinctly remember sitting at the holiday luncheon and eating too much and thinking "this should be so much different next year". They always have turkey/beef/ham, etc so I'll get a protein and some veggies.

QOTD: Can you sing? I saw a lot of folks going caroling last night. I can NOT sing. Jon can sing pleasantly enough, but the kids got my "talent".

11 months post-op/Maintenance/133.1lbs

M1: Coffee, PP, Miralax, HC

M2: Fage 2% w/ SF Pudding

M3: Luncheon (protein + veggie)

M4: Turkey Cutlets and Broccoli

M5: Yogurt w/ PB

E: I'd like to get to the fitness center and run today, but not sure when I would. Maybe right before lunch would work out. We'll see.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/18/17 5:10 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! I am hoping to do some gift wrapping today. There isn't much so it should be doable. My biggest complication is that everything is a little screwy on my network as the modem/router isn't working properly and I need to print some pictures to wrap.

QOTD: Nope, can't sing at all. No one else in the family can either even though we aren't biologically related.

1 year, 9 months post-op, maintenance:

B: eggbeaters, cottage cheese, and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Fish and veggies

S: Protein bar

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

ShirlAus
on 12/18/17 11:44 am
VSG on 06/26/17

Hope you are healing ok Liz - thinking of you

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/19/17 4:21 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Thanks Shirley! I'm feeling good but still looking odd. I'm hoping I'm more normal in appearance and can wear some makeup by Friday when I have to go out in public.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Ladyblu
on 12/18/17 5:41 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

Good morning all. I hope everyone has a happy Monday (if there is such a thing).

QOTD: I can NOT sing. Well, technically, I open my mouth and sounds come out, but they are not pleasant. I usually only sing when I'm in the car alone. I used to not even sing Happy Birthday, but I got over that and now torture the poor birthday fellow whether they like it or not. Now my speaking voice is a different story, but I leave the melodies to others.

M1: 2 Poached Eggs

M2: LO Stir Fry Pork (hopefully the end of this dish)

M3: 3 oz Poached chicken breast with vegan cheese sauce.

M4: Faye, protein powder and SF peach jello

M5: Snow crab stuffed mushroom soup made from leftovers (paired with grilled cheese for the family)

S: Something with protein and no/low carbs depending on what gets eaten above.

E: Someday soon, I'm going to take my walker down the front walk. Not sure if this is going to happen today, but it is on the near horizon.

Water and vits on track.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VSG with Dr. Wanchick - Sept 29 2017

Age 52 Height 5'2" HW 585 (2012) Initial Consult Weight 522 SW 460 (9/29/2017) CW 350 (4/5/2018) Next Goal 325 Starting BMI 95.5 Current BMI 64.0

Pre-Op: 62 M1: 36 M2: 20 M3: 15 M4: 19 M5: 10 M6: 10 M7: ?

Gwen M.
on 12/18/17 7:01 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I need to bake today - Lance is having an office party tomorrow and he requested that I make Ottolenghi's Chocolate Fudge Cake. Since I'm feeling up to it, I'll be doing that in a few. Well, getting it started. It requires baking, cooling, and more baking. So it'll be a "most of the day" sort of process.

Aside from that, my main goals for the day are to finish my book and prep for seeing a new psychiatrist on Wednesday. My insurance changed in November and my psych med now requires prior authorization and, of course, my current psychiatrist doesn't take my new insurance. I've had bad experiences trying to find new psychiatrists in the past (like the guy I saw prior to my current who tried to diagnose me with depression after talking at me for a mere 10 minutes), so I'm not thrilled about having to go through this process again. Especially when I already have a confirmed diagnosis from a psychiatrist (who actually talked to me for over an hour and asked questions and stuff) and an effective treatment that I want to continue. So.. prep involves printing out abstracts from scientific journals, my weight graph (my weight is a good indicator of the management of my disorder), and what I wrote when initially seeking confirmation and treatment for my self-diagnosis. Fun times.

QOTD: I can sing! I've been in choirs off and on my whole life, including some that require auditioning. I also started taking voice lessons some years ago in order to improve as a hobby singer. Recitals still scare the crap out of me. I'm not singing in any "formal" capacity right now, because I took the second half of the year off for lessons due to surgery and didn't have the stamina to be in the choir when it started up in September after the summer break, but I hope to get back to these things in 2018 since I miss singing with people. Although my voice teacher is now only doing lessons at her house which is about an hour drive from me. (When I started she had a secondary location about 20 minutes away.) When she first changed to only her house it wasn't an issue since I was down that way for college twice a week and could easily combine the two, but now I don't have a reason to go down that way and devoting three hours total to an hour of voice lesson isn't super appealing to me!

1: protein shake
2: leftover flank steak salad if there's any left?
3: roast-beef salad with creamy horseradish dressing (apparently it's a steak salad sort of day - which reminds me I need to pull the roast beef out to thaw!)
4: second protein shake if necessary

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: nope

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

azmichy
on 12/18/17 9:29 am
VSG on 10/24/17

The two worst things - finding a new hair dresser and finding a new psychiatrist. We have had some doozies for psychiatrists. My son went through ADHD treatment as a child and we had one that told me it was okay to give him Benadryl EVERY night to help him sleep.

Wishing you very good luck with this since it can be so STRESSFUL.

Lap Band 09/17/2003 HW-276 SW-225 LW-167

Revision to VSG 10/24/17 HW-244 SW-217.8 CW-179.6

Pre-op:0~M1:17~M2: 6.6~M3: 7.8~M4: 6.7

Gwen M.
on 12/18/17 9:38 am
VSG on 03/13/14

LOL. I can't disagree! And I often tell people that finding a therapist is like finding a romantic partner - you're normally not successful with the first attempt.

The first time I tried to find a psychiatrist, and mind you, I live in a suburb of DC, so it's not like I'm in the middle of nowhere, I gave up after 20 phone calls. I completely ran out of spoons at that point. The second time, I think I had an appointment with the asshat after about 10 calls. The third time, I think it took me about 5 calls to find the "current" psychiatrist that I now need to replace due to insurance. SIGH. This time I've actually got appointments with four different psychiatrist's scheduled between now and February - totally hedging my bets due to waiting times to get in with them. Hopefully, after Wednesday, I can cancel the other three. Hopefully the one on Wednesday won't decide to medicate me for depression after 10 minutes of talking at me like the aforementioned asshat did :P

And I'm definitely sorry you had to go through this with your son. It's hard enough dealing with finding proper medical treatment for yourself, especially when you're in distress, and I can't imagine how much harder it would be to go through that process when your CHILD is the one in distress. (The closest personal experience I have is dealing with medical stuff for my dad - and I had so much less tolerance for my dad being made to suffer than I have for myself being made to suffer.)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Kristi T.
on 12/18/17 9:49 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I'm sorry you have to go through this again Gwen. I remember what a hard time you had finding the last Psychiatrist. Sounds like you are goin to be well prepared, good luck on Wednesday!

Jessvsg87
on 12/18/17 7:52 am
VSG on 11/27/17

I actually used to be in choir when i was younger I'm a ok singer not good enough to sing by myself tho lmao.

Still doing the puréed phase I'm upping my walking today still losing very slowly but it's consistent weight loss which is awesome.

M1 premier protein

M2 Tuna salad or turkey meatballs

Snack 1/2 protein shake

M3 mashed up chili

Snack 1/2 protein shake

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views