Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/13/18 7:07 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It is cold for Florida this morning (45 at 8 am, 55 now at 10).But nothing like back home in Massachusetts where some areas may get 2 feet of heavy snow via blizzard conditions. Apparently our generator at home kicked on 90 minutes ago and everything there is pretty much closed down.

QOTD: You just won $1,000,000 (after taxes). What would you do with it? I would pay off my mortgage, give money to family and friends in need and bank the rest for DH's upcoming needs (Alzheimer's).

1 year, 11.5 months post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Shrimp

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

(deactivated member)
on 3/13/18 7:17 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning all! I'm enjoying my last day off before two days of 12 hour shifts coming up.

QOTD: I've thought about what I would do if I won the lottery. I would be a new, reasonable home (no mansion, or anything dumb) in a town I would want to live in, pay off all my bills and all my grandmother's bills, stop work to go to school full time, bank the rest.

Breakfast - 1 egg over easy with 1 slice of Nature's Own Wheat + Protein bread

Mid morning snack - Light cottage cheese

Lunch - Hormal natural honey ham slices with whipped, greek cream cheese

Afternoon snack - Fage 0% with PB2 added in

Dinner - Can of chunk light tuna mixed with black garlic hummus

Half a premier protein shake mixed in with my morning coffee.

mmsmom
on 3/13/18 7:46 am - Woburn, MA

3rd nor-easter here. I miss the days when the office was closed meant you didn't have to work. I guess I can't have it both ways.

QOTD: I LOVE IT! First I would pay off my house, give each of the kids some money and then take 2 big vacations a year and 2 long weekends a year. I don't feel like 1,000,000 would be enough to stop working. Realistically, housing and cost of living in the northeast is high. Luckily my mortgage is old and small compared to people who buy a house today. I would also pay for someone to do everything - i.e., the lawn, snow, painting, etc.

B: cheerios and an iced coffee - preemptive stop at Dunks last night on the way home for an iced coffee, took the ice out and saved it for this morning since I knew I'd be snowed in. It is delicious

L: IDK, home - maybe some leftover chicken

D: already don't feel like cooking. Maybe something easy, soup

E: actually thinking of digging out the "slim in 6" cd. I used to love it and it was quite effective

Of course, thinking and doing are two different stories

VSG on 04/28/2014

b4dawncindy
on 3/13/18 2:45 pm

I think I'll buy myself something on Amazon - the "Slim in 6" CD you referred to - thanks - can't hurt! Let's do it!

Gwen M.
on 3/13/18 7:56 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Today is my first full real day of running away from home. Yesterday I had to take my mom to the airport in the morning, so I'm not counting it. Heh. I did get out for a lovely lunch with a dear friend (I met her in 1993!) and it was great to reconnect. I had a gravlax plate at her local pub. While I've been up here often in the last years, my schedule is rarely my own, so I'm spending time this week to reconnect with friends that I haven't gotten to see in some time. This friend worked at my high school (graduated in 83) and we became fast friends even though I was class of 95.

I'm getting ready to head out to town for some shopping and lunch with some more friends. I hope to check out some Hokas at the local running store and refill a bunch of bottles at the olive oil and vinegar store before lunch at a vegan cafe. I'll be eating/reconnecting with a couple I used to babysit for when I was in high school and have kept in contact with over the years. They're good friends now! Lovely when this happens. :) Once I'm home again I plan to fill out the forms my mom grabbed for me so that I can use the gym here, and I might play around with the BIODEX after I drop the forms off.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow and Thursday, both of which have fewer scheduled things.

Oh. And yesterday I spent like 45 minutes perusing the cheese section of the local Wegmans (since I don't have a Wegmans at home) and ended up buying like $100 in cheese. So I'll be eating a lot of cheese this week. ALL THE CHEESE.

1: protein shake
2: lunch at vegan place - they've got a "tuna" salad that I'm going to go with. I've made something similar myself and it's usually just tuna salad where the tuna is replaced by chickpeas. The cafe seems to do a lot of replacement/fake meats and I prefer to keep it less processed, so chickpea "tuna" salad makes me happy :)
3: leftover ribs from Sunday night
4: cheese at some point

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: walking around town, home PT exercises

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

mmsmom
on 3/13/18 8:29 am - Woburn, MA

I love Wegmans and the cheese section. I also love their butcher counter and the huge wall of yogurt! Okay, I love Wegmans...period. Funny, I connected with friends from 2 jobs ago the other day and realized we have been friends for 29 years. I still love them as much today as I did then and realized how much I miss them!!!

VSG on 04/28/2014

Erin T.
on 3/13/18 8:07 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning (though not much of it left at this point!). We are getting snow today, although not as much as most of New England is. We are supposed to get a max of 22" but that will be through Thursday evening. It makes for a messy commute and it's a pain to clean your car off every time you need to leave, but it doesn't shut anything down.

QOTD: I've considered what I'd do if I won the lottery, but I always fantasized about a lot more than 1 million. If I won a large jackpot I'd make sure our family was all well taken care of - pay off houses/car loans, etc. We'd pay off our house (or probably buy a new house outright given we're moving) and we'd travel as much as we wanted. I don't see myself completely not working at his point. If the amount was only 1 million I think we'd probably pay off our mortgage and bank the rest. Then we could have some fun with our normal income.

13 months post-op/Maintenance/128.3lbs

M1: Coffee, PP, Miralax, HC

M2: Egg, Sausage, Cheese

M3: TBD, going out with a friend but I think it will be quiche or the chicken/egg from a cob salad

M4: Eggs of some variety I think, we have a bunch we need to eat before we leave since the chickens started laying again

M5: Yogurt w/ PB

E: I was cleared for exercise yesterday! I did a little bit of light weight lifting and today I think I will bring my gym clothes and go walk/jog on the treadmill.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

yvonnef1964
on 3/13/18 8:41 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Qotd I would pay off my bills and buy a new car, help my family out. Might buy a small condo and bank the rest.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L chicken tenders

D beef roast and cooked onions

Have a good day

CC C.
on 3/13/18 8:46 am

Good morning everybody! Off for a thyroid checkup soon, then errands and movies later plus we're due for more rain. Yay!

QOTD: I'd pay for my plastic surgery, remodel my kitchen, bathrooms, and yard, take my friends on a first class trip to hike in New Zealand, make some nice donations and put the rest in the bank.

B - coffee, yogurt, berries, grain free granola

L - chicken, fruit

D - fish, broccoli

S movie popcorn

Kristi T.
on 3/13/18 9:48 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! I feel for the people back east, they have been hit with way too many storms. I heard there is another one on its way in the next few days as well. We have a storm front moving in tomorrow, but nothing like theirs.

I'm going to take advantage of our last day of sun and go for another hike with Emmy today after I run some errands. For the last 6 months or so I have been adding some running spurts of 30 seconds. As of yesterday I can run a full 2 minutes without stopping, I have it timed out for every 10 minutes walking. I know 2 minutes isn't much, but for someone who hasn't ran since high school track(35 years ago) it's a lot:-) I would like to participate in a marathon this summer. My arthritic knees and feet are actually handling the running pretty well, surprisingly.

QOTD-Oh my, since I buy lottery tickets I do think of this question a lot. I would pay off my brother's mortgage, remodel my kitchen and have new hardwood floors installed throughout the house. Make sure my three nieces have enough money for college. Since my mother, father and two uncles have already made sure their future needs have been met, I would bank the rest of it for travel, plastic surgery and any needs my friends may have.

B-7 grain sprouted toast w/1tbsp almond butter

L-last of the leftover crock pot chicken

S-Chai tea w/vanilla PP shake

D-tbd

E-Hike with Emmy

Have a lovely Tuesday everyone!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views