Whatcha eating Today VSGers? Wednesday, 3/28/2018

Gwen M.
on 3/28/18 6:06 am, edited 3/28/18 6:10 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Good morning all and happy Wednesday! Any exciting plans for you for today?

I just finished getting some skirt steaks in the sous vide, since they'll be a component of tonight's steak salad. I'm getting my 4-year post-op lab work done in a little while, then physical therapy for my feet, and then it's back home until mental therapy. Looking forward to seeing my therapist today, it's been a while!

And, of course, more school work. Today is my day to focus on HMGT.

QOTD: What annoys you most about the in-groups you are a part of? (I'll answer in the comments.)

1: protein shake
2: cheese!
3: bistro steak salad

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: physical therapy for feet, home PT exercises

How about you? What's new in your world today?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Jess Says Yes
on 3/28/18 6:38 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Happy hump day everyone! I've got several group sessions today and will be at the prison late tonight. I'll hopefully make it home in time to tuck the kids in. :)

QOTD: The first thing that came to mind is my office mates. They are nice people, but the complaining never ceases. There is a culture of whining and overreacting that bewilders me. Thankfully I spend little time in my office.

B - Protein shake

L - Protein bar

d - leftover turkey soup

Working on getting my water in. Lately I've been falling below 64oz, so my goal is to get that back on track.

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/18 12:41 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

One of my co-workers complains all the time and is constantly on a diet. Every day she is doing something new. One day she was doing an "oatmeal every meal" diet. What even is that? Then she tried keto, which lasted up until that same night where we went out as a group and she ate a basket of chips. Always a new diet every week!

Jess Says Yes
on 3/28/18 12:58 pm
VSG on 10/24/17

Constant complaining & crazy, trendy, crash dieting? What a combo

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

IamevilHomer
on 3/28/18 7:03 am
VSG on 06/01/16

Happy Wednesday all!

I took off Thursday and Friday to spend some time with my kids over their Spring Break so one more work day to get through. Looking forward to spending Easter with extended family and hoping for some warm weather soon.

Todays menu

B- protein shake, coffee, sugar free creamer

L- tuna packet

S- Quest Cookie

D- ?

ShirlAus
on 3/28/18 11:40 am
VSG on 06/26/17

Hope you enjoy family time :) Always special

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/28/18 7:39 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It's my 2 year surgiversary today! I'm in Boston with DH for an appointment so I have no idea what my weight is. Except it is definitely up as DS took us to a fancy restaurant on the harbor last night and I tasted everything!

QOTD: I think the only "in-group" I am a member of right now is the ladies walking group in Florida. I guess it annoys me that some of them assume that I want to always pair with SIL when we wal****rtainly like SIL but right now we are living in the same place so we actually would prefer talking to others.

2 Years post-op today!

Always lots of coffee...

B: PB (ate it from a spoon - no other good breakfast options)

L: Probably protein bar, maybe deli meat

D: Protein bar and maybe some tuna salad or something when I get home tonight.

S: Probably Enlightened broad beans (100 calorie packs)

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

ShirlAus
on 3/28/18 11:40 am
VSG on 06/26/17

Happy Surgiversary :)

ShirlAus
on 3/28/18 11:46 am
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning All :) Thursday and final day of the week for me before Easter break. Just dropped hubby to the station as we packed his ute & trailer till 8pm last night. Im working till 2pm then will meet my mum at the cemetry - its my dads birthday tommorrow so we will take flowers to both he and my sisters graves as we will be up at the farm. Then onto last of the grocery shopping and packing cars before I whiz down to collect DH from the train station. Cant wait to be on the road and enjoy some family and downtime. Not sure how much posting I will get done as we have 8 staying most nights

QOTD: Im actually (sadly?) not part of any groups. Maybe one day when I have a little more time I will be able to join some....

B: Zuchinni Mini Loaf

S: Grapes

L: TBD

D: Maybe half a burger (well ends up being a quarter) on the way up to the farm

Hope you all have a wonderful Easter with your loved ones. For those travelling, be safe x

Shirley

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/18 12:38 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Good afternoon all! I am supposed to be at work, but I am having a pretty bad muscle spasm out of nowhere. It started last night and while this morning it had eased up, my job is way too physical for me to want to go in. Since my work automatically uses up my PTO when I take off (which I both like and dislike,) and uses a really infuriating point system, I am taking off tomorrow as well to give my back a nice vacation.

QOTD: I think the only "in-group" I am part of is my co-workers in my unit. I love them all, to be honest, but I have noticed there is stupid little catty gossip behind each other's backs which I think a lot of work groups have. I don't like it and don't participate in it, but I certainly know that I'm probably someone they talk about as well when I'm not around! I just have to ignore it.

Breakfast - 100 cal cinnamon roll oats. Haven't had it in a few months, it's a nice change once in awhile. The calories are low, but the protein sucks :( have to make it up through the day. Coffee with some PP as creamer

Mid Morning Snack - Chobani plain with a packet of true lime and a splenda. Tastes like key-lime pie

Lunch - Shredded chicken with some salsa verde. Was going to pair it with my little fajita tortilla, but out year the carbs in the oatmeal took up so much for my day :( stupid oatmeal.

Afternoon Snack - Smoked deli ham and Greek, whipped cream cheese roll ups.

Dinner - MOAR chicken with my creamy sriracha sauce

Totals - 670 calories, 34 carbs, 96g protein

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views