Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Thursday, May 3, 2018

CC C.
on 5/3/18 8:08 am

Good morning all!

We seem to be missing some regulars around here. Hope everyone is doing well!

QOTD: What do you like to do for exercise? What new exercise activities do you want to try that you didn't or couldn't do before your WLS? I'll answer separately.

B - coffee, yogurt, berries, grain free granola

L - eggs and cheese

D - Panera 1/2 Fuji apple salad, 1/2 soup

S - ??

Kristi T.
on 5/3/18 9:45 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning Cecily and menu friends! Looks like everyone is busy, I am never the first one to follow the original post! It's finally beautiful again today, yea!

QOTD-Running, I first started out per Gwen's suggestion of walking so many minutes, then alternating running for so many minutes. I've become obsessed with it that I even keep a graph of my increased minutes running. Never did I think that my joints and crippled feet could handle running, even with WLS. But they are so far! I have X-rays done at the end of this month, I will stop if there is any changes that are negative.

B-Bullet Coffee

L-Yogurt w/granola

S-Chai tea, Dukes sausage links

D-Leftover steak, veggie of some kind

E-Walk/run with Emmy

Have a wonderful day!

Jess Says Yes
on 5/3/18 11:24 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Hi guys! You're right, the board is quiet today.

QOTD: I really love yoga! It's my favorite form of exercise. I also really like to swim or do anything in the water! I would like to add in some more strength training because I know how important it is.

B - Protein shake

L - triple zero yogurt and almonds

D - chicken kabob & garlic green beans

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

ShirlAus
on 5/3/18 1:29 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning - Friday here and Im thankful its nearly the weekend. Hubby comes home around midnight tonight from a weeks travel with work. Will be nice to spend a couple of days with him before he leaves again on Monday

QOTD: I basically couldnt do any exercise before my WLS due to my knee. Whilst I still dont do any formal exercise I am very active - working between our home and our farm. I walk non stop whilst up at the farm, moving things and feeding cows etc and its great as my knee rarely pains me since I have lost a lot of my weight

B: Yoghurt and Cereal

L: Leftover Kangaroo Sausage

D: Chicken Curry with some rice if I can fit it in (doubtful)

Have a great evening all :)

Shirley

CC C.
on 5/3/18 1:33 pm

QOTD: I love to hike in the foothills of Southern California even though I occasionally run across snakes! I also took a hiking trip to Sedona, AZ last year with friends and am doing another hiking tour to Utah in November. I also like just plain walking in the neighborhood with my dog or on the beach. I've also taken up Pilates which I am surprised to find I love! I'd also like to start more formal strength training as I know that's important for bones as I get older.

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/18 3:13 pm, edited 5/3/18 8:14 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Hey all! Posting late to the board. Usually I try to get in early. Today has been really busy. I went to put my two weeks notice in and they said it was fine and let me go today. So, I'm unemployed until the 21st. Which sucks, but maybe the rest will be good? I can get some things done like my gardens finished up. Will have to just tighten up on spending.

Had an appointment with my surgeon finally after.. oh it had to have been 9 months. He was so happy. I hugged him and cried and thanked him for giving me my life back. I have a consultation with a plastic surgeon for the skin around my stomach to be removed. That will probably be a few months down the life that that happens though.

Of course he wanted to know what I was eating, and I told him honestly that I do not eat the number of calories he wanted me to. He wants me to eat 1300, but said as long as I was getting the protein it wasn't as bad. Told me to try and increase by a couple hundred at least, especially since skin removal is coming. Thought there was likely 25-30lbs of skin on me.

Breakfast - Nature's own wheat + Protein bread with cottage cheese and sugar free raspberry preserves

Lunch - Shredded chicken verde on Mama Lupe's low carb tortilla

Dinner - Cubed chicken with stir-fry veggies

Snack - Chobani plain, 3oz premier protein as creamer.

Totals - 719 calories, 38 carbs, 106g protein

CC C.
on 5/3/18 4:55 pm

So glad you had a good appointment!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 65 views