Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Saturday, May 12, 2018

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/18 6:43 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning! It's a pretty rainy day here today, which I can enjoy. Yesterday we went on a day trip to a giant aquarium, botanical gardens, and to visit my uncle who lives down in the Ozarks. The aquarium was absolutely stunning with incredible exhibits. I was worried because I always used to eat constantly on road trips, but I didn't crave anything like I did before. Took my food in my little bag and packed healthy snacks for my grandma since she's very much a snacker. I didn't end up eating the fish I had been craving, my uncle had grilled us boneless pork ribs so I had some of that with no sauce.

Also, I'm about done with purses lol. They are THE most annoying thing on a trip. I did a backpack for yesterday and while it did the trip, it was inconvenient for certain items. I've ordered an adorable fanny pack. I vote we bring them back and make them work, free our hands!

QOTD: Do you get asked for advice a lot about losing weight? Do you offer it when asked?

I get asked by a lot of people. I'm quick to tell them I started with surgery, but I'm also fine talking to them about anything they want to ask me. Though, the best advice I can really give anyone is to eat fewer calories, track everything you eat, weigh your food. Those last two hang everyone up. No one wants to track!

yvonnef1964
on 5/12/18 8:31 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

I feel better today. Support group helped last night.

Qotd sometimes I get asked. When I do I try to help someone.

B ham and cheese omelette, string cheese and mini bagel with cream cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D ham and cauliflower

Have a good day

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/12/18 9:37 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! We just did a walk to benefit our local Alzheimer's support organization this morning. This afternoon I am driving to the area where I used to live to participate in limo club-hopping for DD's 30th Birthday. I'm not really excited about it but she is and that is what counts!

QOTD: Yes, mostly by DD. She isn't willing to consider WLS yet, but knows I had tried every diet known to man in the past... Of them all, I think WW was the best (but still not enough for me).

2 Years, 1.5 months post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad with pickles and cottage cheese

D: No idea, but will try for a protein based meal

S: protein bar?

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Kristi T.
on 5/12/18 10:06 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! I used to love purses, I even had a pretty good collection of them at one time. I've tried the small backpack route too and found it has way too many compartments. I have seen people wear sporty type fanny packs, especially when hiking. Wear your fanny pack with pride, whether they are in style or not:-) I think anything goes these days!

Going to finish mowing my jungle of a lawn today, it's sunny and beautiful right now.

QOTD-I usually get asked by people who haven't seen me for a long time. The only person who knows I had WLS in my mom. "How did you do it?" is the main question I get and it's usually just in passing. I haven't been asked seriously for advise, but would offer any help I can if asked.

B-Bullet coffee, 1/2 Quest protein bar

L-2% plain greek yogurt with blueberries and almonds

S-Chai tea w/stevia & cream, turkey jerky

D-Leftover sausage and cabbage boil

E-Walk/run with Emmy

I hope everyone has a great Saturday!

mmsmom
on 5/12/18 11:37 am - Woburn, MA

It's cold and rainy here today - and I'm tired. I heard my son get in the shower at 5 am and I have been awake since then. Busy day - went to the tile store and home depot (which sucks the life right out of me).

B: jarlsburg cheese and wheat thins

L: 1 slice roasted red pepper/onion pizza

D: getting italian takeout - probably a chicken in wine/lemon sauce

E: just alot of steps today, but nothing intended as exercise

L/V: meh

QOTD: Not so much - but recently someone explained to me how to lose weight - very interesting

VSG on 04/28/2014

Miss150
on 5/12/18 11:41 am

B- hard boiled eggs, coffee/milk

L- home made Greek yogurt , almonds

S- sirloin pork steak, asparagus

S- crunchy veggies through the day

QOTD- When I am asked, I relate what I am doing - low carb, protein forward, plenty of fluids, food journaling, etc. I generally do not reveal my surgery- especially in the workplace or to casual acquaintances - The world is not always a safe place to give out such personal information . No shame, but why give out matches that can come back and burn you? The sleeve is not magic, nor was it or is it insurance re keeping the weight off. (Personal experience of 125 pound regain and then lost)The sleeve did not lose the initial weight or the regain, I did. What the sleeve did and continues to do is make it possible (when I use it) for me to practice (because of the restriction) and sustain moderation over a long period of time. The sleeve does not make those good decisions, and whenever I choose to make poor choices, the sleeve gladly lets me.

I

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views