Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Sunday, 5/27/2018

CC C.
on 5/27/18 1:50 pm

I have 3 orange trees in my front yard in CA and 4 other citrus trees in the back yard. I LOVE smelling them in the early spring!

Kristi T.
on 5/27/18 9:46 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! It's a lovely sunny day here in Montana, probably in high 70's today. I'm taking my aunt on some errands today, she has chronic pain and needs some help with them. I will take Emmy for a hike later in the day.

QOTD-Citrus scents for sure! I don't wear perfume but love lotions with any kind of citrus smell, candles as well. Fresh brewed coffee or the smell of it right after grinding is a close second.

B-Bullet coffee

L-Yogurt with pumpkin, stevia and almonds and 1/2 grapefruit

S-Chai tea, turkey jerky

D-tbd, will pick up groceries today

E-Short hike with Emmy at local state park

I hope everyone has a great Sunday!

(deactivated member)
on 5/27/18 10:27 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I used to hate the smell of fresh brewed coffee. I thought it always smelled a little like animal droppings! Somewhere along the lines after surgery I adored the smell and now live off coffee. First, milky coffee using premier protein, now just black. How our tastes change!

Kristi T.
on 5/28/18 9:22 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

My love of coffee has increased since surgery too, I drank it before surgery, but nothing like now!

yvonnef1964
on 5/27/18 10:12 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good afternoon,

Got home from church, drinking my liquids then I'll have lunch. Run a errand before heading to my Dad's to visit.

Qotd lilacs, I got to smell some Thursday at the park.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and kale salad

D sesame chicken and broccoli

Have a good day

Miss150
on 5/27/18 11:51 am

The smell of coffee beans roasting in this particular coffee and tea place in Nueavo, Laredo . Wait- no, it's nuts roasting inside a Planters nut shop in Lansing when I was a kid- or, ya, the smell from the potato chip factory that waffeled across I-94 going into Chicago, or the hot smell of sweet molasses grain that pours out of the co-op silos on a hot Kansas summer day..

Oh, ya this is it..In the fall there is a smell that comes out of nowhere-cant identify it, and this happens only every once in a while. And this smell, it acts like a freaking time machine, and I am instantly walking home from school one specific day in the fall (I'm in 5th grade I think)- This transportation places me at the same spot on the sidewalk, and I relive that moment. All is right with the world- From where this comes and to where it goes, I have no earthly idea, but the reliving of that particular moment always amazes me.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

(deactivated member)
on 5/27/18 2:11 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

That's such a nice picture you painted for us!

Are you from/in KS? I'm in Missouri in the KC metro area!

Miss150
on 5/27/18 2:32 pm

You betcha- Southeast corner, somewhere in the rural vicinity of Pittsburg. Howdy, neighbor!

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

Teresa G.
on 5/27/18 1:03 pm, edited 5/27/18 6:07 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

Good morning! I was up with the chickens again...I hate wasting a minute of a three-day weekend! So here I sit in front of the computer. LOL

Actually, I've already spent several hours going through clothes. And I've barely made a dent. My God, I am such a hoarder, it is truly ridiculous! It's a sickness. I pull something out that I would probably never wear, and think "I might wear that!" ARGH. I'm packing up a lot of things I'll never wear, even when they fit, and taking them down to the YWCA or the DV shelter. They always have women who have nothing and need business professional type clothes for interviews and jobs. And they are always short on plus size. I'm sorting by size...current size, next size, next size, then the last size. Ooops, I better re-posses those brand-new with tags Dress Barn slacks in size 14. I may wear them as all my other slacks will be too big. SEE? I'm incorrigible!

Once I get to be a comfortable 12 I will have to buy new clothes. What a shame.

And my SHOES! I'm a shoe hoarder too. I need therapy. Wait, I AM in therapy. She'll be proud of me when I tell her I've got a start on this. I've got a lot of sneakers and shoes that I'll take down to the Union Gospel Mission - they are ALWAYS needing women's shoes. And I'll take them jeans and t-shirts and things like that as well. Wait. Our feet shrink, right? Maybe I'll hang on to the shoes that are a little too tight.

Menu today:

Breakfast - Protein Shake, blended with almond milk and ice

Snack - Protein Jello (Yum! 8 g protein, 52 cal)

Lunch - Either chicken or bone broth

Snack - miso soup, sugar free popsicle

Dinner - 4 oz halibut, 3-4 cups steamed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, bell pepper)

Snack - Protein Jello

Favorite Smell: That's hard...my sense of smell is my super power and there's a lot that I really like (or really hate)...hmmmm...how about lilacs (fresh from the bush). I'm sad that mine are bloomed out.

Gwen, tell me more about the baked garlic mushrooms!

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

stacyz
on 5/29/18 9:05 am - Mystic, CT
VSG on 04/04/18

Nothing smells better than a good DIPA, to me anyway ;-)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 84 views