Doing well on my vacation

mommy2jude
on 6/22/18 5:43 am - Jacksonville, FL
Revision on 12/08/15

So the fam will be driving north for a doctors appointment, and I also will be seeing my family and in-laws. Any suggestions on what to pack for the drive, and how to stay on track during the trip? As I have mentioned in previous posts, I am an emotional eater. I do feel confident however, that I can manage it this time, as long as I have a plan in place beforehand. Any and all advice is welcome :-)

I can do this...I know I can. It's just going to take time & patience.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

Gwen M.
on 6/22/18 7:35 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I find that what works best for me is to not have food in the car - healthy or unhealthy snacks, I'll eat them. If I don't have them, I can't. (Of course, I also have to not stop at any random places to buy food.)

Not knowing you, it's hard to make recommendations. Do you need food for the drive?

Once you're there, try to remember to prioritize protein. Don't beat yourself up too hard if you fall off track - just get back on track once you're home again.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/22/18 7:57 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I pack my usual snacks and meals if at all possible (using a freezer bag), and eat on my regular time schedule. I try to only buy dinner out (if I have to), and go for a protein based appetizer (like shrimp).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

NANNY13
on 6/22/18 10:46 am
WLS on 12/21/15

I pack up my car even if I am going 10 minutes down the road. I always have a minimum of 6 of the 16.9 water bottles for my own personal use and I usually will not share those with anyone. Then I pack at least 2 tuna creations or more depending where I am going. Two shakes premade or powder and a couple of frozen baggies of measured meat if it will be an all day affair. That way there is no excuses. I know that this is a lil obsessive, however, this is how I roll. All important emergencies covered. Oh and also ALL of my vitamins needed for the day just in case I get caught up in something. And sometimes pork rinds if I am going to be around family members who are munching away on chips or something so I don't feel left out. This is how I can stay compliant.

(deactivated member)
on 6/22/18 3:57 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

I do hundreds of miles each week. I carry Nature Valley protein bars and beef jerky with me for those times where I can't find good food to eat. I also carry nuts, although some do not think they are a good idea. It all works for me.

PCBR
on 6/22/18 7:56 pm

Oh, I can't wait until I can have jerky and nuts again. But nuts are not gonna be part of the plan for a loooooooooong time.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views