Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Friday, June 29, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/29/18 2:28 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I think each person is different in the amount of skin, where it is and what it consists of. Mine was pretty mushy but it felt a little like fat in some places (surgeon said it was all skin). On my arms (which I am not going to have done), it loops and feels like hangy/wrinkly skin only.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

PCBR
on 6/29/18 12:42 pm, edited 6/29/18 5:47 am

QOTD: I still have the same attitudes about plastic surgery: If a person wants to change something about their body, that is their body/their business (unless it is related to a mental issue). I had a rhinoplasty and septoplasty when I was younger to get a nose that I liked better and to breathe easier. I also had a lid lift to repair kinda droopy looking eyes that made me look sorta sleepy. I've always thought I'd get a "mommy lift" after weight loss, but I'm not sure now. I think I'm still smarting from my recent VSG and pain from that (6/5), so I just don't want to think about surgery for a looooong time. That said, I really do think that I will at least have a breast reduction and lift. I've wanted one for ages and now that I am done having kids, really think I should do it. Why should I drag around these back-killing g-cups! They make it hard to find clothes, leave grooves in my shoulders, make it hard to stand straight, etc. For once in my life, I'd like perky boobs that fit into cute bras. Why should I wait until I'm in my 50s to finally be okay with my breasts, after all?

So, on week 2 of pureed diet:

B: Banana Premier Protein shake (my favorite of their flavors)

MS: Skipped this...I was really slow with the protein shake and didn't even get it all down until 11.

L: Trader Joe's Lentil and Vegetable soup with a dollop of plain Icelandic skyr. Next time, I'll use plain greek yogurt instead. I though the skyr could stand in, but it wasn't quite right as a sour cream sub. I still ate it, though!

S: TBD, but likely something just protein, since I got some carbs and fiber in from the lentils

D: TBD

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/29/18 2:32 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

You may end up not needing a reduction, but I think most of us females could use at least a lift. I would probably benefit from a lift and implant. I always thought my breasts were too big when I was heavy but now they are kind of the opposite. But that's another part of me I am not doing (I'm done with my PS).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

PCBR
on 6/29/18 3:48 pm

You might be right. I'm sure that they will, uh, deflate a bit. That said, I needed a reduction back when I weighed 160 (my surgeons goal for me is 170), so I'm not hopeful they will suddenly become manageable. But who knows! It will be 64 lbs worth of time before I know for sure.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/30/18 3:28 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Lucky you if you retain enough to still need a reduction! It was the thought of implants at my age that stopped me from considering doing anything with them. Years ago I considered a lapband but didn't do it because I didn't want a foreign object in my body - I kind of have the same feeling about breast implants.

PCBR
on 6/30/18 8:01 pm

I agree about the implants! We will see what they look like a year or 18months from now. I'm also about 10 years older than when I weighed 160, so I'm sure a lot has changed!

Teresa G.
on 6/29/18 4:43 pm
VSG on 06/07/18 with

QOTD: Have you changed your perspective on having plastic surgery since you began contemplating WLS? I never really thought about it before. But I think if I did, my arms and inner thighs would be the first to be done. We'll see how it ends up...as soon as I start swinging the kettlebells again things will start tightening and toning. But like Jess, the cost and time off work is a huge consideration for me. I guess I'll see how I feel when I'm there.

I made some sous vide egg bites in my Instant Pot today. They are sooo good, much better than the ones that Starbucks sell. And as I've found out, one is more than enough for me. They're going to be great when I'm back to work...so easy to grab and go!

I have a silicone mold for the egg bites, and also a covered silicone ice tray for the huge ice cubes. They started smelling so bad **** tray from the freezer, egg mold from the dishwasher I think?) and I was ready to just toss them. Then I read that baking them in the oven will take the smell out. So I popped them in the oven at 400 degrees for 90 minutes or so...and they are totally odor free! I was skeptical when I did it, but figured I'd try it before I threw them away and I am SO glad I did! So there's your kitchen hack of the day.

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/30/18 3:30 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Interesting! Can you share the instant pot egg bite recipe? I know a lot of people do them with sous vide, but I don't have that particular gadget (though I do have an instant pot).

Teresa G.
on 6/30/18 8:48 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

Sure! This is the recipe I used, but you can put whatever you want in them...bacon, ham, different cheeses, mushrooms, onions, etc. And the little silicon egg bite mold works GREAT, or if you want bigger servings you can use ramekins.

Instant Pot Sous Vide Egg Bites

Minutes to Prepare: 5
Minutes to Cook: 20
Number of Servings: 7

Ingredients

6 large Eggs
3 oz shredded Parmesan
1.5 oz sharp cheddar
1/2 cup cooked spinach
1/2 cup diced Trader Joe's Roast Red Pepper (in the jar)
Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions:

Put 1 cup of water in pot, steam setting for 8 min., natural release 10 min

Serving size: 1 bite (110 calories, 1 carb, 9 pro)

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views