Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Tuesday, 7/3/2018

Gwen M.
on 7/3/18 12:25 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Have you talked to your doctor about not sweating? It can be a symptom of some problematic conditions. :/

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/18 1:14 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Yes, I have an appointment to see her. I'm not sure what she will want to do. I didn't really notice I wasn't sweating until summer started, but I guess even at the gym when I work out hard I never really did. Sure I would get flushed and warm, but not drenched like other people seemed to be. Assumed for awhile I was not doing enough, though really just took notice as the heat came up outside. Over 100 and out in the sun working and nothing. Definitely assume it's not from lack of water since I drink 80-100oz of water a day now, so she's going to check me out.

ShirlAus
on 7/3/18 1:02 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning All - Hump Day here Yay. Im heading to the farm tonight after work till Sunday. So will be working from there Thu & Fri. The weather overnight has been warm. Currently 51 at 5.50am which is a big change from the 20's we have been waking up too.Not to mention ice!

QOTD: I dont like the cold much and find I get "bone cold" easier since my VSG. My favourite temperatures are 95+ as long as its not high humidity. Our investment place in Far North Queensland gets to 100% humidity some parts of the year and I make sure Im never there then. On hot days I get up early and get everything done before the heat of the day

B: Zuchinni Loaf with Homemade Relish

L: TBD - likely Ham & Avocado

D: Leftover Tuna Bake from dinner - will eat once I get to the farm as 3.5 hr drive

Have a wonderful evening all

Shirley

Teresa G.
on 7/3/18 3:14 pm
VSG on 06/07/18 with

Happy July 3rd Sleevers!

We have babies! A little bird built herself a nest in my husband's hanging flower pot the day after he planted it and hung it. Today he peeked in and there was a wide open mouth...mama is out foraging. So sweet. And it's right next to my front door! I just had to get a picture of them...no open mouths in this shot.

QOTD: When it's really hot outside, how do you prefer to get your exercise in? What counts as "really hot" for you?

"Really hot" for me is over 85F or so. We don't get that a lot in the Puget Sound region of Washington State so when it happens there's a serious run on fans and a/c's at the stores. We have a heat pump, so we keep the house right around 70F...though I've been feeling cold a lot lately, so I keep it around 73-74 now. Sophie, our Bernese Mt Dog, can't tolerate the heat when it gets too terribly hot, but we also have a lot of shade with the trees around us, so it's a bit cooler than out in the full sun.

I normally exercise in my house regardless of the weather...I have a treadmill, and an elliptical/recumbent bike contraption, plus a full set of kettlebells, a bosu and a mini trampoline (that has never been out of the box because of the weight limit - now I can pull it out and use it!) I've had a lot of problems with my feet/legs for the past 9 months or so, but I'm getting on the treadmill every day...trying to just power through it. So far, everything is holding up well, save for my left knee. It complains a lot. I'm going to start using the bells when I'm cleared at 6 weeks...I'm actually looking forward to it!

If it's not raining and the weather is super hot, I'll walk on my lunch break at work. Mersh, that's weird about you not sweating. I hope it something easily resolved since (as I'm sure you know) it's the way our body cool itself.

Here's my menu for today. The app I use to track also creates charts showing trends...I created one for calories, one for carbs, and one for protein for the last month. Pretty interesting stuff.

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

Teresa G.
on 7/3/18 4:09 pm
VSG on 06/07/18 with

I meant "NOT" super hot for my lunch break walks. heheh

Also found out that the babies are Juncos.

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/4/18 9:52 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I love graphs - what app are you using?

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Teresa G.
on 7/4/18 10:06 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

Liz, I use SparkPeople.com, for YEARS. I love their tracking tools, and I've got so many recipes and foods entered for myself that it's a piece of cake for me to track and enter recipes plus you can find almost anything on their huge database. It's free, but I have a premium membership which means no ads, and access to the "Premium" reports like those below.

Here's three trend reports I ran for the past month, but you can run them for anywhere from one week to one year.

SkinnyNikki7
on 7/3/18 3:23 pm - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

It is another hot one here today! 94 with a RealFeel of 106 ugh! I love the heat its the humidity that kills me. I hope this heat wave ends soon. Took the kids to the boardwalk to go on rides because its 1/2 ticket Tuesday! Man it was HOT but we all had a good time.

QOTD - I have been running in the morning trying to beat the heat but it has still been hot. I hate it but I would rather run outside than be stationary on a treadmill, its really boring to me. I don't know how hot is hot for me but I have ran in 93 degree weather the past 3 days. I wish I had a pool so then I could just exercise in there.

B - coffee with Bananas and Cream premier protein

L - Was at the boardwalk and man was I tempted but just had a slice of cheese pizza and 1 mozzarella stick

D - Chili Mac in the crockpot

E - C25K Week 1 Day 3, Crunches, and lots of walking on the boardwalk

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views