Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Monday, August 13, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/13/18 4:46 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It's Monday again! Though technically Sunday is the first day of the week, Monday always seems like the start after so many years of working Monday-Friday. We were supposed to have rain all day yesterday but it turned out hot and sunny in the afternoon. Where I live it is so hard to predict what it will be like when thunderstorms are forecasted. We are at the Cape at home until Thursday when we travel to visit friends on a lake in NH until Sunday. We used to rent a cottage there before we bought this house and thought about buying a place there because it is so beautiful and peaceful, but we decided it was too far away from our kids.

What are you up to today/this week?

Before I forget: The RNYers Have Photo Friday, so let's have Photo Wednesday! It is a good way to get to know one another. This Wednesday let's start with before and current pictures!

QOTD (thanks to skinnynikki7): Where is one place where you feel most like yourself? Those who have seen my posts probably would guess it is the beach. I love the warmth, the light and the water - the smells, the sound and the feel. It evokes memories of summer vacations as a child at the beach and going to the pond near my house as a teenager for years. The beach can be on the ocean or fresh water. I love both.

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Leftover crab cake and slaw

S: Siggis yogurt or homemade cottage cheese with fresh berries

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Teresa G.
on 8/13/18 8:11 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

Good morning sleevers!

Liz, have you mastered the Instant Pot cottage cheese? I love cottage cheese, so I'm very interested!

I'm feeling so optimistic right now that my knees are going to get fixed! I'm going to a physical therapist this afternoon who specializes in myofascial release and trigger point therapy. He fixed me several years ago when I had injured a leg, so I'm really happy he is still in the area and that he had a cancellation this afternoon so I was able to get in! My knee is slightly better today, but I'm still quite limited mobility, especially going up and down stairs. I'm so tired of this endless loop of severe flair-ups in first one leg, then the other.

QOTD: Where is one place where you feel most like yourself? There isn't really any particular place I feel more or less like myself. I feel like me pretty much wherever I am. There was this time in 2009 when I went to Turkey. I rented a gulat (wooden sail boat) out of Marmaris for 3 days and we just sailed around in the Mediterranean Sea. One night my girlfriend and I were sleeping on the bow and I was just gazing at the stars...they were like I had never seen before in my life...and for a too-short time I was overcome with the feeling of being one with the universe. It was the most profound and peaceful feeling I've ever experienced and something I'll never be able to fully describe or forget. Perhaps that is the one spot on earth where I felt truly like me.

B: Coffee with Premier Protein

S: Egg Bite and turkey sausage

L: Shrimp and sausage jambalaya, cauliflower rice

S: Light & Fit yogurt

D: TBD - probably chicken breast and a piece or two of broccoli

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

MissCheri18
on 8/13/18 8:22 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Good luck in getting your knee(s) fixed, living with constant pain does get old, it is very hard to not let it get you down so hopefully this Dr. is able to fix it and maybe for the last time! Keep us posted please on how this goes for you.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/13/18 8:41 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Yes, I have mastered the IP cottage cheese to my preferences. Here is my post on the main forum: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/6035574/Cottage-Chees e-Made-in-Instant-Pot-IP/

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

SkinnyNikki7
on 8/13/18 9:17 am - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

Hope the physical therapist works some magic on your knees! I know how terrible it is to have constant pain in your knees. I now have no cartilage in my knees so running was making me have excruciating pain so I'm banned from running. So good luck and I hope your pain free!

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

PCBR
on 8/13/18 12:35 pm

Wow. I love your Turkey story!

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/13/18 3:25 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Turkey and sailing on the Mediterranean. Wow!

MissCheri18
on 8/13/18 8:17 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Hi All

Hope everyone is having a good day/week! My stall seems to be broken which is nice. I am not sure what I am eating today to be honest. I am having a Protein Coffee Shake this morning and I know some chicken at some point but what else I am not sure? I'm trying to go easy to prepare for tomorrow because I have to be on total clear liquids to get ready for the Endoscopy & Colonoscopy at the Hospital early Weds morning (not to mention drink a darn gal. of icky stuff, good luck with that and this tummy space!) I think the before/after photo idea once a week is a great idea Liz, I am not ready for that yet but I think it will give much hope to those of us still in the beginning.

QOTD: Where is one place where you feel most like yourself? Well, I'd have to say at the beach (ocean/sea) I suppose maybe because I was born in a hospital literally on the Pacific beach LOL seriously I go there and I feel very complete again, strong and at peace. Other than that speaking in groups/classes for some reason this once very shy gal is very open now. After my aneurysm surgery I guess having people look at me funny or even shy away like I was a monster... I decided to stand firm and gained confidence in ME.

Water, water, water!

M1: Got up late!

M2: Chocolate Protein, Coffee Shake

M3: Mini Salad w/deli Ham & Sun Dried Tomato & Basil Goat cheese

M4: P3 - Turkey, Bacon and Colby-Jack 1 package.

M5: Oven Chicken, Green Beans & Grape Tomatoes

M6: Not sure

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/13/18 3:26 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I hope your tests go well. Drinking that stuff is NOT fun. I wouldn't be surprised if you can't get it all down.

Melody P.
on 8/13/18 8:43 am - Amarillo, TX

Strange start to the week. Just feeling rather odd. Doing well though.

QOTD: there are a few places for me. Mountains...I love being in the mountains when no one is around. No city or town near by...just silence or maybe the sound of a stream. I once went with my grandparents to Montana and we went through Yellowstone during the off season...before snow and oh my goodness. I saw buffalo for the first time in the wild. My first in the wild bald eagle. Before even the Tetons there was a place I think called ho back valley. It was glorious!

another place and this one might sound strange, is Little Big Horn battlefield near Billings. It struck me all at once. I felt a peace i've Yet to feel again. I stood on the field beside the cemetery looking out at the rolling hills....just an immense feeling of peace.

that trip was my most favorite thing or feelings i've ever had. I also love New Mexico, the Canadian Rockies and Colorado! Mountains for me!

M1: Protein shake

M2:1 oz sirloin steak low carb pumpkin mousse left over from yesterday

M3: 2oz angus stew meat, miracle noodles and 1 tsp Parmesan cheese

M4: pork stir fried with onions and a few slices bell pepper

M5:

M6:

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 65 views