Whatcha Earing Today VSGers? Monday, 8/20/2018

Kristi T.
on 8/27/18 9:18 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I do remember those days!

Knitter215
on 8/20/18 9:23 am
VSG on 08/23/16

QOTD - Favorite restaurant - wow - that's a tough one. So many of the ones I have loved have closed in recent years. right now, I'd have to say Mr. Joe's Cafe in Philly - open for lunch only. Little corner Italian place with pasta made fresh daily - I feel like I'm eating at my grandmother's house.

Breakfast - Protein shake - frozen pineapple and mango, fresh spinach, Fairlife Skim and protein powder

AM snack - Oikos Protein Crunch - Vanilla with Blueberry

Lunch - Chicken breast cold - 4 ounces with 1 tablespoon of pesto for Pesto Chicken Salad and two cups of salad greens and 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinaigrette

PM Snack - Quinoa Chickpea salad with summer vegetables (1/4 cup)

Dinner - Not entirely sure - I fence tonight so I won't eat dinner until I get home at 10 - I'll try to grab some kind of protein before I fence.

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

Jess Says Yes
on 8/20/18 9:52 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Hi guys! I just got back from a 5 day family vacation with my parents, siblings, and all of our children. The first few days were wonderful but several of my family members got into a huge fight on the final night and it ended very badly. My family all used to get along so well, but some things that have come up in recent years have made it challenging. This was the worst fight I have ever witnessed among my loved ones and I am heart broken. I tried to mediate to no avail, and now I just have to step back and let them navigate their relationships on their own. It hurts though because they are each so important to me and I hate to see them in pain.

In other news, I "came out" about my VSG on facebook. My best friends and fam already knew, and I did not plan to tell other people, but I have always been a very transparent person and something about not sharing this felt off for me. I got some very lovely and supportive responses from friends and relatives which was great and if there are people who are judging it they have kept that to themselves and that's their business, not mine.

QOTD: A local Asian-fusion restaurant "Miyo's". Everything is fresh and delicious and the atmosphere is great. I've been going there with Nick for 16 years. I also like that it is owned and operated by a hardworking local woman (she immigrated here from China and has been here for more than 20 years).

B - coffee and protein

L - yogurt and almonds

D- I don't know. The fridge is empty post-vacation so I have to figure that out.

E- strength training

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

SkinnyNikki7
on 8/20/18 1:16 pm - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

Happy Monday! In case I can't get on tomorrow Happy Birthday Mersh, I hope you have a great day! Today is my stepsons birthday and he is 9. We leave for Orlando early in the morning so he pretty much gets a birthday week in Universal. I'm so excited! I haven't been there in 17 years so its like I'm going for the first time. I'm so nervous about eating on vacation and gaining weight. I'm going to do my best to make good choices but with how much this trip cost me I def want to try some things.

QOTD - This is hard because we try so many places that I don't know if I actually have a favorite. We have a local sushi place called Kura and their sushi is amazing and always so fresh. The prices are so good and since they know us from coming there they always give us an appetizer or dessert for free when we eat in. I also love Bonefish Grill. I know it's a chain but there Bang Bang shrimp are amazing!

B - coffee and protein

L - Siggi coconut yogurt

D - leftover chicken pot pie

E - 35 min elliptical and Ab exercises

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

PCBR
on 8/20/18 9:57 pm

You can do it! I found that most places offer at least building blocks of s protein meal (even if it means deconstructing a dish.

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

Teresa G.
on 8/20/18 3:50 pm, edited 8/20/18 8:51 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

hi Sleevers!

My favorite restaurant. I haven't been out to eat since getting sleeved so I don't currently have a favorite. Here in town, my favorite was a sushi restaurant. The owner/chef is really awesome and always comps us a sashimi salad and edamame. A couple years ago me and some girlfriends went on my birthday, and he made me a sushi cake - candle and all! That's the first place I tried uni...and it was so fresh that I felt like I had (clean) seawater in my mouth.

My favorite when I was traveling (other than in Japan) was in Charlotte, NC. I was there for a conference, and met a couple of "facebook" friends who live there. We went to Tupelo Honey Cafe and I wanted local so I ordered fried green tomatoes. They talked me into shrimp and grits too...even though I didn't like them when I'd had them before. Well these grits were made with goat cheese and it was a mouthgasm! I can't wait to go back (very soon!) to see my friends...definitely going to get me some more of those shrimp and grits, even if I can only eat a few bites. LOL Oh, and Tupelo's has a signature drink called the Queen Mary. Instead of bloody mary mix, they make their own golden tomato mix and use all kinds of garnishes, including shrimp and bacon. I passed the okra over to my friend. Just can't do that.

Well, I'm heading over to the other side of the mountains for work for the rest of the week. The whole state (Washington) is covered in smoke...but in Eastern Washington it is really horrible. I'm supposed to do an outdoor event on Wednesday, but I'm betting they will cancel it due to the smoke. I must remember to take my inhaler and masks!

B: Protein Shake

L: Halibut

D: dunno

S: dunno

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views