Pre-op liquid diet

vsgjessie
on 10/3/18 4:25 am
VSG on 10/15/18

So I'm new here, and on day 3 of my liquid pre-op diet. The struggle is real!! I'm only to have clear liquids and protein shakes until my surgery which is scheduled for the 15th ð??"

Any tips to get through the extreme hunger pains and mental fog ?

ScaleSkater
on 10/3/18 9:54 am

Are you drinking enough? Push the liquids. Don't do the minimum! Also find activities to keep you occupied. If you are following the program, you shouldn't be that hungry (real hunger). Head hunger requires other distractions. Food will almost never satisfy that.

Also don't be so concerned about your period of time pre-op on the diet. My program required 7 weeks due to my size. So buck up ;)

Good luck.

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

itsjustmisty
on 10/3/18 10:17 am
VSG on 10/10/18

I am on day 8 of my liquid diet, my surgery is on the 10th. I will say after day 4 I felt more "normal" but the mental fog and getting tired easy has not left me. I don't feel extremely hungry though. I keep either broth, water (or water w/crystal lite) and a protein shakes near by. The only struggle I have had is drinking 5 plus shakes a day like my doctor suggested I can only usually get about 3 or 4 down in a day and that sometimes is a struggle. So my advice just give it time and like above keep yourself busy.

PCBR
on 10/3/18 12:46 pm

Hang in there. You're probably about one or two days away from rounding the corner and feeling fine. First 4 or 5 days were hell for me. After that, I felt great.

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 73 views