1 month post-op

TripleAxel
on 10/19/18 1:45 pm
VSG on 09/20/18

Tomorrow will be one month since my VSG. Things were going really well until last Sunday, when I began to have reflux issues. I talked to drs office on Tues and Wed., and the nurse spent a long time with me asking about what I was eating, the timing of my supplements, etc. They have doubled my Prilosec dose (all the patients in this practice are put on Prilosec for 3 months post-op). So this week has been grueling and a bit disheartening. I know there are VSG patients who have temporary GERD issues and some who have long-term issues; I'm desperately hoping that I am in the temporary group.

On the positive side, the weight is melting off. I have been wearing my pre-op clothes and they have been getting looser, but today I had on a pair of yoga pants for my walk and had to keep pulling them up. They may be the first candidate for the "too big" pile.

Hope all of you are doing well.

Age 56. HW: 233 SW: 214 VSG 9/20/18, Hosp. of the Univ. of Pennsylvania, Dr. Noel Williams

Chanelcamp26
on 10/19/18 3:37 pm
VSG on 07/24/18

I'm about three months out and I started having acid reflux at about a month out as well. I take famotidine regularly and try to sleep somewhat upright. I also try to avoid eating at least 3-4 hours before bed.

It has lessened and I hope will resolve itself. Like you, I've heard it can be temporary as your stomach learns it doesn't have to produce as much acid. Not sure if that is true.

Great job on your weight loss. I've enjoyed watching all my clothes get too big. However, it's been expensive having to buy new stuff. But, good problem to have.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views