Scheduled a surgery date!!!

FreedomGirl
on 11/14/18 12:28 pm
VSG on 12/27/18

Yay! Today, I met with my surgeon and scheduled my surgery date for 12/27/18! I'm hoping that my insurance company will get back to us quickly with the approval. I'm so excited to finally have something on the calendar!! Now, I can count down the days!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

5'6" Female 31 years old

HW: 273 / SW: 261 / GW:140

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/18 12:35 pm

Yay, awesome! How long has your process been with insurance? I am self-pay and there hasn't been many requirements or any approvals but a friend of mine is looking in to it and she has insurance that might cover it.

FreedomGirl
on 11/14/18 12:48 pm
VSG on 12/27/18

I started about 2 months ago and called my insurance company just to see if this is something that they would generally cover and they said that they would. Now that I've completed all of the pre-op requirements, my surgeon has to send an official pre-approval letter to them for the official approval. My surgeon said that they usually take about 3 weeks to respond. I haven't had any obstacles from the insurance company, YET. I say yet because I've heard that some people have had to have battles with them going back and forth for coverage. I'm hoping and praying that that won't be the case for me or your friend.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

5'6" Female 31 years old

HW: 273 / SW: 261 / GW:140

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/18 6:07 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Congratulations! I hope your insurance doesn't drag their heels :) I look forward to updates and the big day!!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 201 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 283 views