No movement on the scale

ElaP
on 11/21/18 8:56 am
VSG on 10/22/18

Hi everyone! I'm getting frustrated, and starting to be a slave to the scale! Ugh. I am 4 weeks post op (VSG) and I haven't lost a pound in one whole week!

I am starting to get (almost all) my protein in, pretty good about the water intake... usually 64 ounces or more. But, I stepped on that scale this morning thinking this has to be the day.... and nope, still stuck! It actually went up 2 pounds!!!! Then I showered etc, got back on the scale, and I was back down the 2 lbs - I'm so stuck in my own head thinking, what the heck, now this extreme measure of weight loss isn't even going to work for me?!?? I know I MUST REMAIN positive. But, I'm just wondering... did anyone else have such a plateau so early on?

gh438
on 11/21/18 9:21 am
VSG on 10/18/18

Get out of your head. From everything I've read people hit a stall around that time. I havent been on a scale in almost a month. I will get back on one next Thursday. I feel great physically, gone down in clothing size and feel more active.

Keep doing what you're doing and give the numbers the bird.

Surgery Date: 10/18/2018

6'1" Male

HW: 471. SW: 459 (post). GW: 225

ElaP
on 11/21/18 9:56 am
VSG on 10/22/18

Ok, good to hear! Thank you!!!

Kristi T.
on 11/21/18 9:23 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Yes, I did, about 4-5 weeks post op. I became obsessive and that is when I put the scale away for a wee****pt with my plan, increased my water intake and started walking everyday. The next time I got on the scale, it was a celebration:-) I know it messes with the mind, but it will happen if you stay on track(which you are) and try putting the scale away...hang in there!

ElaP
on 11/21/18 9:57 am
VSG on 10/22/18

You're right, time to forget about the scale!!! And, I'm going to increase the water and start excersizing! Good points!

catwoman7
on 11/21/18 10:22 am
RNY on 06/03/15

most of u**** our first stall within the first month after surgery. It's called the "three week stall" because it usually happens the 3rd week, but not always. But anyway, you're not alone - it's extremely common. Just stick to your plan and it will eventually break (mine lasted two weeks)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

ElaP
on 11/21/18 12:04 pm
VSG on 10/22/18

Oh ok! Thanks for the reply... I feel relieved to know it's "normal"!! And, knowing it lasted you 2 weeks, is also reassuring for me, so thanks, again! I'm going to lay off the scale for the next week (if possible) and hope for a big surprise then!!

catwoman7
on 11/21/18 2:51 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

when my finally broke, I dropped something like 6-8 lbs within a couple of days!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

FreedomGirl
on 11/22/18 9:24 am
VSG on 12/27/18

Not to be too personal or gross, but are you menstruating? That could also be a culprit - I know for me, my weight fluctuates a LOT around that time and I pretty much stay the same or gain every month and then the next week it catches up. Just a thought. Either way, keep up the good work!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

5'6" Female 31 years old

HW: 273 / SW: 261 / GW:140

DaveNW
on 11/22/18 7:32 pm, edited 11/22/18 11:36 am
VSG on 11/05/18

I had Lap Band surgery in 2010, that was revised to VSG on 11/5. During my weight loss with the Band, I was a maniac about weight loss, doing everything correctly to the letter. I once went NINETEEN DAYS without losing a pound. I was SO frustrated by that! But I knew it was just my metabolism adjusting, and that I had to stick with things. I did, and finally, the plateau dropped, and I lost five pounds in seven days. As I mentioned in another thread, weight loss is not like a slanted loading ramp, where things slide down easily and continuously. In reality, weight loss is more like a staircase. You drop to the next lower step, and it's a plateau. After a period of time (or maybe not), you drop to the next lower step, and that plateau. Some plateaus are wider than others. Just stick with the plan you know works, do everything you can to stay focused, and when your body is ready, the weight will go away. Try and not be fixated on the scale (hard to do, I know), but instead focus on how your clothes fit, and how you feel. Weigh yourself less often. The weight WILL go away, if you're following the plan. Some folks just lose it faster than others, and everyone is an individual. Hang in there. In six months, you'll look back with a completely new perspective. Good luck! Dave

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 78 views