Saturday Morning Walk

(deactivated member)
on 2/28/04 12:00 am
Well, I just got back from walking 2.5 miles. The weather is getting kind of warm so it's time for me to get moving again. Did you go for your walk today???
B4real
on 2/28/04 9:32 pm - NJ
It's nice to get out and take a nice walk. I can't believe how before my wls I couldn't even walk to the drive way without feeling like my heart was going to come out. Now I walk all over the place I am up to 3 miles maybe 3 1/2. it feels great. I put on my headphones and I'm in my own little world. Meditation is good also. I remember having a problem that was worrying me so bad were I couldn't even sleep. Time when I went walking and return back home I was feeling good and with less worry and weight on my shoulders. I was able to deal with it. So walking to me is great and it is my main exercise. Congrats on walking 2.5 miles Girl, I'm so glad the weather is getting better, we all can get out there and do our thing. LOL take care**Hugs**
Luvitsunny
on 3/16/04 3:08 am - Sunny South, FL
Walking is such a wonderful part of my life now -- the best part of the day for me! Before WLS I would walk but the results of my exercise efforts were so slow I soon became "comfortable on the couch" once again. Never again!
PrettyKitty
on 3/16/04 10:05 pm - Detroit, MI
Hey girl I just discovered this board today! Wish I knew about it sooner I would have been here 3 weeks ago Alicia "DIVA"
kathie W.
on 4/16/04 9:22 pm - douglassville, PA
hello fellow walkers,. I'm in Berks County,PA. We 're walking in the 'RELAY FOR LIFE' weekend walk on June 11th and 12th. We meaning my 16 yr old daughter and I. If you've never heard of it let me explaine. You pay a $10. registration fee when you start walking with a team at 2:00 pm. you continue to walk on a track at the school nearby until 2:00 pm the next afternoon. At all times someone from your team must be walking on the track. The rest of your team can take a break, eat, nap, just meet with other walkers. The funds collected go toward brest cancer research. You can also sponsor a candle for $5.00 which is lit and placed around the outside of the track. You can do this to honor the memory of a passed loved one or in honor and support of a cancer survivor. Last year there were hundreds of walkers and alot of money was raised. The track when full of walkers and lit by candles is a sight to behold. Its a great reason to walk, a great cause to support and I'm really looking forward to it. In the meantime. All of you keep putting one foot in front of the other and you'll be one step closer to goal. HUGS>>>>>kathie -120lbs.
(deactivated member)
on 5/2/04 12:52 am
Congrats on your lost Kathie!!!
Most Active