Walking

MsHodge
on 9/8/05 6:23 am - Steelton, PA
I see this board isnt really popular, but I was wondering what would be a good walking distance for me being a beginner, i dont want to get discouraged
BeckyKyles
on 9/8/05 11:37 pm - Houston, TX
Keontay, I started out at a mile, going a speed that was comfortable for me, which was much slower than most everyone else out there walking. It took me about 25 minutes. After a week or so, I started going a little further. After about a month or two, I was walking 3 miles, but I was taking just over an hour to complete it. Since then, I have stuck with the same mileage, but I am trying to decrease the time it takes me to complete it. When I started, I was very overweight and completely out of shape. If you are fairly active now, you can probably start out further and faster. Hope all goes well. Becky
MsHodge
on 9/8/05 11:41 pm - Steelton, PA
thanks so much Becky, Lastnight I decided to start walking in the evenings,I went for something with a bit of an incline, but I did get a mile in it took me 20 mins, Im hoping i can cut that to 15 mins. I also did a 2 mile walk away the pounds tape this morning.
patularn
on 10/31/05 11:40 am - Hazard, KY
I just started my walking habit at the end of April. (I had my surgery in February) I just set a goal to make it to the end of my street and back. I walked until I felt tired and then would press just a little bit more each day. Proudly I tell you this now, 6 months later and I am up to 4 miles/7 days a week. I get the four miles done in about one hour and 10 minutes. I am really pushing fast for cardio benefits. Hope this helps you set your goal! Diana
Most Active