How much longer for panni to heal?????

Miss_Kitty
on 9/25/10 3:03 pm - New Bedford, MA
I had a panni/hernia repair done back in february. Here it is 7 months later and I am still suffering pain, discomfort, bloating, and it still sometimes feels as though my hernia is still there. I have had several cat scans, all of which are normal. My surgeon says the internal pain is fat necrosis, and something about the nerves growing back. She said to put a heating pad on it when it bothers me, but the pain is deep inside. She said it may take up to 2 years to heal because of the nerves growing back. Is this true? I want my life back!

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

Mary Catherine
on 9/26/10 10:58 am

My tummytuck is almost two years ago and I am just starting to feel more normal.  I now have days with no pain or swelling.  People do not realize how much more intense abdominal plastic surgery is than weight loss surgery.  I was expecting to get over it and feel great in a few weeks. That did not happen.  Nerves that have been cut take a long time to heal.

AlleeM
on 9/28/10 10:03 am - Lyndonville, VT
I didn't really have "pain " after my panni surgery, but still have numbness and displaced sensation.  I'm 3 1/2 years out.  I think it will probably be that way forever...Not horrible to be sure...but weird.  I guess weird is my normal now.

Most Active
Recent Topics