Anyone else have issues with zinc deficiency? HELP!

onemeanmom
on 5/10/11 3:31 pm - Modesto, CA
Just checking to see if I am not alone out here! Having major skin issues and doc thinks it's zinc deficiency. Did some blood tests to determine for certain....but i read that taking Iron supplements - which I do - can cause zinc deficiency..... which is causing horrible, horrible skin issues for me. ANYONE ELSE???? If so, what did you do other than add more supplements (zinc)?? Help!!!

elm62
on 5/17/11 4:53 am - Clarkston, MI
I take a chewable Zinc about  3x's a week.  My doc recently said "I don't know what your doing with your Zinc, but it's great!"  (If he looked at my paperwork he would have seen that I added it about a year ago, hehehe)

Good luck,

Edie

You don't have to have a lump to have breast cancer!
Inflammatory Breast Cancer

www.ibcresearch.org

elm62
on 5/17/11 4:55 am - Clarkston, MI
BTW I do my Iron all by itself right before bed and my zinc in the AM with my normal vit routine.

Edie

You don't have to have a lump to have breast cancer!
Inflammatory Breast Cancer

www.ibcresearch.org

Sybul C.
on 6/3/11 10:01 pm - Alma, AR
I take a prenatal vitamin that contains enough zinc and iron for me.  I do make sure that I space it 2 hours before or after taking calcium as it keeps your body from absorbing the iron.  There is also a Ca Carbonate with zinc at GNC that I took for a really long time.  I switched only because the penatal vitamin contains pretty much the same amount and I didn't want to over do it.  I take 2 Ca carbonate with magnesium and Vit. D3 4 x day, prenatal vitamin, Vit. C, triple fish oil 1xday, Vit. b-12 sublinqual 2500 mcg 2xday and my labs have been fine for the past 3 years since surgery.  Good luck. 

Most Active
Recent Topics