Accountability - Tuesday

Not the Same Dawn
on 5/31/11 11:21 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA
Went to go see the dog (if you didn't hear, my beagle got bit in the snout by a rattlesnake) and had to move her from the ER to her own vet. They don't have anyone over night there so I gave permission for her to be by herself in her kennel for the night. She should be okay. I'm going to go by at 7:45 in the morning with a burger patty for her..her favorite! She's doing alittle better and it's a SLOW recovery. We searched the property for any rattlesnakes (yeah, I was wearing a .45 on my hip the whole time!) Found nothing but I also looked through the photos of any snakes we'd killed last year and they were all Mojave Green rattlesnakes..so, the vet said his success rate for those is 50/50..she's alive and doing incrementally better..We're nearly past the danger time after three days in the hospital..

I'm doing alittle better myself. The stress over the lasty two weeks with my dad and now the dog..Soon, I'll just collapse into a pile of jello..sugar free, I promise!

My eats for the day:

breakfast: waffle and strawberries with sf pancake syrup.

second breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, bacon, tomato slices and rye toast..

lunch: left over cooked chicken with carrots and cooked baby potatoes..

no snacks..

Dinner: 1/4 cooked green cabbage head, 1 cup spaghetti sauce and 5 meatballs..

totals for the day: 
Calories: 1446
Fat: 72.30
Carbs: 96.1
Protein: 110.7

Not bad at all..Tomorrow is another day but I'm happy with my intake on this one..It doesn't matter that the stress is causing me to gain weight..I did walk a bit today, carried a dog a bit, had to shampoo my car interior too..

I'm breathing a tenative sigh of relief for my pooch, Candy..

How did you do? 
Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
morgansmommy
on 5/31/11 11:48 pm - Gig Harbor, WA
I sure hope your sweet Candy is feeling better soon. Our dog had pancreatitis once and was so miserable but pulled through. Our vet did not have anyone at night either so we brought Frank home at night then back to the vet to get hooked back up to his IV fluids and antibiotics.
Walking around with a gun; yikes! I am too afraid of snakes and mice and such to go looking for hem. 
I was crazy busy over the weekend with dance recitals and slumber parties.
1000-ww breakfast burrito
1300-bagel thin w turkey and rf colby and fresh spinach leaves and a sf ff jello pudding
1530-fiber one bar
1830-T-Bone, sweet potato, brocoli
2000-1 serving animal crackers
2100-ww strawberry bar
2200-bagel thin toasted w light butter spread
all my water and such, no exercise which was not excusable; I had plenty of opportunity.
Mary
Not the Same Dawn
on 6/1/11 5:25 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA
I was just so angry about that snake taking our peace of mind away..now I'm worried about walking around in my own yard! and the other dogs are much smaller (12 and 15 lbs..) so if we do see a rattle snake..they're dead..

Candy seems to be just alittle better. Her eyes are clearer, the swelling has gone completely down but she's still not moving and probably nauseous..the lack of movement is probably due to the tingly feeling in her paws and the pain sensation in her skin..she tried to move away from my hand when I went to rub her belly..that's cuz the venim makes her skin hurt..and not eating is cuz the venim makes her whole digestive system upset..There's also a risk of internal bleeding and heart damage..sigh..

Still not out of the woods but at least she's alittle better.

You'll catch back up on the exercise..I know you will. Keep up the good work. See ya.
Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
Most Active
Recent Topics