Accountability - Sunday

Not the Same Dawn
on 6/5/11 10:33 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA
My doggie Candy is doing absolutely awesome..and I'm very happy about that. It's not everyday that a snake bite like that doesn't leave much damage and I am thankful for all the thoughts and prayers of all my friends all over the world for my Candy Beagle's life! Today was a total day off. We didn't do a darn thing. No church, no shopping..we watched the Nascar race and I did alittle housework and some staging of my meals for the next week so I'm ready..

First breakfast: 1/4 serving protein waffles, 1/2 large green apple, sf pancake syrup, butter buds

Second breakfast: the other half of the meat omelet I had yesterday with salsa

Lunch: a 1/4 lb cheese burger with bacon an cheese on a sandwich thin..

Dinner: 1 cup cooked green cabbage, 2/3 cup spaghetti sauce with meat and 6 meat balls..

Totals for the day: 

Calories: 1777
Fat: 97.7 (48%)
Carbs: 113.6 (24%)
Protein: 127.3 (28%)

Actually, the fat is alittle high, protein a little low but I'll live with that..I got all my vitamins, quite a bit of water, some coffee (alot of that too!) some espresso latte..normal stuff!

How did you do? 
Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
morgansmommy
on 6/5/11 11:06 am - Gig Harbor, WA
Yay for Candy! I am trying to prep a bit for the next few meals as well. I have some baked chicken breast I need to casserole up or something. I have brocoli and spinch that needs to be used up in the next day or so too. I am thinking chicken Divan w fresh spinach.
1000-blueberry [ancake and bacon
1300-kettle corn
1500-leftover 1/2 sandwich wheat w turkey and havarti and tons of veggies;fresh spinach, cucumbers, red onion, peppercinis, mixed greans
1800-watermelon
2000-will probably be leftover thin crust pizza from yesterday it had a weak pesto type sauce, arugala, pancetta and goat cheese; I think I will dice up some of my chicken for that to up the protein.
4 mile brisk walk with my sister this morning all my vits, not sure abou****er but it should be close.
Busy week ahead; Wed and hur are all day meetings which leaves only three days to get the usual amount of work for five in.
Mary
leila_assaeeda
on 6/5/11 2:27 pm
Good evening ladies. I'm happy to hear that Candy is doing so well. And I got real inspired over blueberry pancakes. Every day when I read protein waffles I get a dreamy feeling, but I don't have a waffle maker... Now I do have some fresh blueberries that I wasn't sure how I would use. And I have lots of whole grains and a plain protein powder... So I think I'll try my luck at blueberry pancakes tomorrow. I have some nice no sugar syrup, too.

Well, that's my plan for tomorrow morning. Today didn't go that great. Too much 'snacking' which really adds up even if you try for sugar free. There are still those pesky calories...

Protein level was okay, I'm pretty sure. And lots of fluids and my vitamins. Let's see what can be done with tomorrow.
Leila
Not the Same Dawn
on 6/5/11 11:13 pm - BEE EFF EEE, CA
I made pancakes until I could afford a waffle maker too! It's all good. And you know you can make them ahead and put them in zip locks and freeze them (serving sizes!) and for a snack, there's not much better than a toastered protein waffle with some peanut butter on it!

leila_assaeeda
on 6/6/11 1:15 am
Dawn, I didn't think about freezing them! I'm headed downstairs now...
Leila
obxlady
on 6/5/11 3:04 pm
Good evening...I don't post but I do lurk and try learning from you all.  I have learned some menu samples that are helping me stay on target so thanks!! 

My DH & I have been keeping up with the  progress on Candy.  I read about her accident and told my hubby about it.  We've kept you all in our thoughts & prayers.  It also  makes me way more mindful when taking my furbabies out on their walk.  Especially @ this time of the year.  So serious and we're SOOOO thankful to hear she's doing better.  Goooooooooo Candy!!!

Cindy
Not the Same Dawn
on 6/5/11 11:19 pm - BEE EFF EEE, CA
I was just heart sick to lose a dog that's only barely 4 years old! She'll be 5 in September..I appreciate your prayers, they really did help. THANK YOU..

She's doing so well. She's such a strong little beagle. Actually, she's not little but she's strong! She tends to walk alittle crooked, hasn't really bayed yet (for a beagle that's weird)..and last night she was out in the field sniffing and her tail was moving about 1000 mph..I know she was happy to be there in the wind and sunshine with all those SMELLS out there! Beagles are so nosey!

They make vaccinations for snake bite and they also have snake avoidance training too..they will smell a snake before we do and the training makes them know the snake is there (recognize the smell) and let us know and then move away from it..

Have a great week!

Most Active
Recent Topics