1 year out and pregnant... SCARED!

Skinny_Betsy
on 7/6/11 6:56 am - Eschenbach, Bavaria, Germany
 It's SUPER EARLY, but I literally just found out that I'm pregnant and I'm terrified that I'll gain weight back. I've lost 140+ in just over a year and I'd love to stay at this weight. I'm petrified to even get over 200lbs again with 20lbs of baby weight. 

I need some tips and wisdom to 1) calm my nerves and 2) help me keep the weight off during pregnancy!!!!

THANK YOU in advance!!! 

Not the Same Dawn
on 7/6/11 1:41 pm - BEE EFF EEE, CA
I have a couple of friends on facebook who are WLS patients AND preggo..if you have an account, I can get you a hook up..
Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
Maximummy
on 7/7/11 1:56 am - Chandler, AZ
I had two babies after WLS. I had my surgery in 2002 and delivered my son in 2004. I gained 63 lbs with that pregnancy, but most of it came off within two weeks of delivery. I gained quite a bit of weight breastfeeding, which isn't the norm. I had another child in 2007 and while I barely gained any weight during the pregnancy, my weight has gradually increased--despite my efforts--back up to over 300 lbs.

Don't be scared, be smart and be healthy. Eat a very balanced diet and exercise daily.
fiveholts714
on 7/11/11 12:29 pm - St. George, UT
How exciting for you! Congrats. Just be honest about your concerns with your OB. You gain more the the 20 pounds so don't let the numbers scare you. When I was pregnant with my twins (before surgery) I asked the nurse to not tell me my weight but to let me know if everything was ok. Maybe you can do that.
jenngraney
on 7/16/11 4:36 am - CA
I am a little bit scared as I am just over 7 months out and was NOT by any means trying to get pregnant and think I might be..........supposed to get my period next week and am praying for it!.......pretty careful........scared scared scared...........and on the other hand, I am 40 and always wanted another one so I am sooo confused.........I really don't want to find out I am pregnant to lose it with miscarriage or surgery related issue..........I guess -- if its meant to be, it will be.........and like you skinnybetsy, I am under 200 (only by about 10lbs) and don't ever want to go back............scared!
Randisah
on 8/27/11 7:28 am - El Paso, TX
I'm sccared also to gain the weight back but I was told being pregnant we only need 300 extra calories a day. If we really watch it and only gain 15 to 20 lbs we should be able to lost it after the baby is born. The most important thing is to keep walking.

Bestmomtr
on 8/31/11 12:36 am - Cherryville, NC
VSG on 02/20/12
Congratulations. I think you will do great!!
BestmomTR    
Most Active
Recent Topics